Moving to FL HELP

Does anybody live in or around Miami, FL. We are relocating there and in some need of desperate help! I have a 15 month old son, and we are expecting our next baby next summer. Therefore we need a family friendly area, that is affordable! I have been looking around Aventura, FL and Kendall, FL. But i don't know much about any of the areas, we are white middle class family. Any advice would be great! Thank you ladies

dmdemes

Asked by dmdemes at 9:16 PM on Jun. 18, 2011 in Travel

• Your best bet is to call a Realtor in the area. Or you can try the MLS listings for Miami, do an Internet search MLS miami. What I would do if I were you is to try and find something that is going to be easy for your husband to commute to, since schools won't be an issue for your right away, I am assuming, because your oldest is 15 mos. Unless you are going to work too. Traffic can be a bitch, and you don't want DH tied up in traffic for hours every day. But, you can live in Broward county also and commute to Miami.

If I didn't know anything about an area, I would always go with a Realtor, it's the easiest, safest bet.
    dwmom2008

Answer by dwmom2008 at 9:33 PM on Jun. 18, 2011

• i live an hour from miami i believe. ive been to miami once (just to the airport) and i have never gone back. to crowded
    cnv13085

Answer by cnv13085 at 9:43 PM on Jun. 18, 2011

• I lived in Miami Beach for a while as a travel nurse, but it's been a while. I remember Adventura being a pretty nice area. You should definitely enlist the help of a real estate agent though. Neighborhoods change from good to bad pretty quickly in Miami, sometimes in a matter of just a few blocks.
    katiemomNY

Answer by katiemomNY at 10:25 AM on Jun. 19, 2011

• I live in S. Fl. I am not a fan of the Kendall area. Aventura is nice but expensive and its very busy traffic wise....so quick trips to the store aren't so quick. When I first moved to the area from CT we bought a house in Miramar....big mistake (don't go there). We recently built our new house in Cooper City, Fl. Love it here! Great schools, very family oriented and 12 miles from the beach. Other places we looked that are good for families and have good school systems are Weston, Southwest Ranches (also very expensive), Davie and some areas of Pembroke Pines. I have a great realtor...PM if you want her name and number.
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 10:26 AM on Jun. 19, 2011

• Call a realtor first before driving around Florida not knowing where you're going. I heard of some rough places in Florida, and dangerous. Just call a realtor and he/she will have you meet them in a safe place, and let them know you need a safe, clean neighborhood. Never go to a new state driving around not knowing where you are. There are a lot of gang activities in Florida. I see it on CNN all the time.
    ambr2006

Answer by ambr2006 at 10:33 AM on Jun. 19, 2011

• Also check with the Chamber of Commerce ~
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 6:03 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• I agree with the other posters as to who to check with that is what we did before moving and it is a big help
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 1:13 PM on Jun. 27, 2011