Going insane. Please shed some light...

I'm 8 weeks pregnant and I feel disabled like I can barely keep my head above water. I don't have patience or energy for my kids. I feel tired and practically cried this whole day. I feel like I honestly can't do anything but lay down. I just feel so negative and off. I feel like I want to quit my job. Ugh. I just feel so out of whack. What is wrong with me!?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:16 PM on Jun. 18, 2011 in Pregnancy

• you're pregnant...that's what's wrong with you. mood swings, lack of energy, etc. are very normal. try to get more sleep....that improved my mood some. i also took naps whenever i could. i was always very tired and that made me grumpy
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:18 PM on Jun. 18, 2011

• It will get better, the second trimester usually feels like you are not even pregnant, well, except for you look like you swallowed a basketball! But your energy will increase. Take your vitamins, and drink lots and lots of water! Try to go to bed as early as you can!! It's just hormones, and this too shall pass. But if you don't start to feel better, go to the doctor and have your thyroid checked. That can cause seriously low energy and so can anemia, and those can be detected with simple blood tests.

Good luck mama!!
    dwmom2008

Answer by dwmom2008 at 9:29 PM on Jun. 18, 2011

• I felt the same way at about 8 weeks. Fortunately, it passed. You should still address it with your doctor, though.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 9:29 PM on Jun. 18, 2011

• Don't you just hate being pregnant? I am 17 weeks pregnant. The 1st trimester is no fun. Your hormones are totally out of whack and your body is having trouble adjusting. It will adjust. I am finally feeling better. I have more energy. I felt the baby kick last night for the 1st time. Yeah! Now, I make my kids help me out more. My DSs are 13, 9, and 4. Baby #4 is due Thanksgiving week. I haven't cleaned out my fridge since January. Ew! I am sure that I have some really nice mold specimens growing in there. I made the 2 oldest DSs clean out 1 shelf last night. They weren't happy campers. The baby has grown large enough that I have trouble getting down on the floor or bending over to get something that is low.
    dustbunny

Answer by dustbunny at 9:53 PM on Jun. 18, 2011

• Welcome to the 1st semester of pregnancy. the second semester will get better and then the 3rd trimester it all goes downhill again
    campbellb3421

Answer by campbellb3421 at 10:10 PM on Jun. 18, 2011

• I am feeling the exact same way and I am also about 8 weeks along. I am SOO exhausted and my kids are watching WAY to much TV because I just can't handle them. If you are lucky enough to have a husband/partner around get him to take the kids and have a nice long bath and read a trashy magazine or something. You will feel better. Also don't stay up all night on Cafemom..get as much sleep as you can. That's what I've found is helping me.
    Congrats on the baby and message me if you ever want to vent.. we can be whiny together.haha
    tobys.mommy

Answer by tobys.mommy at 10:56 PM on Jun. 18, 2011

• I NEVER HEARD ANYTHING LIKE THIS BEFOR E SO HONESTLY WOULD AN GET THIS CHECK OUT SOON CAUSE I DON'T WANT ANYTHING TO HAPPEN TO YOU ARE THE BABY SO TAKE CARE LET NO HOW THINGS ARE GOING
    momduce56

Answer by momduce56 at 11:00 PM on Jun. 18, 2011

• i feel ya girl i went through the tired and depressed mood when i first found out i was prego again, but it will all pass in due time.
    bamamommy2009

Answer by bamamommy2009 at 11:28 PM on Jun. 18, 2011

• I thought I would check back and tell you about the wonderful results I am having by taking a complex B vitamin! I take one a day (since Friday) My energy levels have gotten better, the morning sickness is easing and I'm coping much better. You should check your local health food store and get some. The are water soluble so you pee out any extra, you can't overdose. It's safe for baby and has made a world of difference for me. (it was recommended by my midwife)
    Anyway, hope you feel better soon.
    tobys.mommy

Answer by tobys.mommy at 2:07 PM on Jun. 20, 2011