Supply problems please help!!!

I need advice my son is 3 months old. I have gone to mommy and me LC for help and have done everything they have told me to do I have tried it all and still my supply is the same and how I know what my supply is, is the LC weighs him before i feed him and after to see how much he has received and he only gets 2 oz. Am I ever going to be able to get my supply up where it needs to be? I take brewers yeast fenugreek marshmallow fennel nattel blessed thistle and have been takeing domperdione pumping feeding skin to skin I have done it all what else can I do? And does making prenatles really make a difference?
and i have been told to power pump but dont know wha that is as well as pumping while i feed dont know how to go about that either cause then he wont get enough?

mommy2bee12-27

Asked by mommy2bee12-27 at 9:17 PM on Jun. 18, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• is the baby gaining weight and growing properly?
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:19 PM on Jun. 18, 2011

• Is he having 6-8 wet/dirty diapers per day? Is he gaining weight (even in small increments)? Does he receive a bottle or pacifier at any time?
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 9:19 PM on Jun. 18, 2011

• Are you drinking water with each feeding? I used to drink 16oz of water with each pumping session (dtr was a preemie)
    Danyellimom

Answer by Danyellimom at 9:40 PM on Jun. 18, 2011

• I think what is meant by power pumping is pumping more often that you would naturally nurse your son. You can increase your milk supply by simply letting your son nurse more often. Your DS is getting more than what you pump. I, too, went through what you are going through now. What it boils down to is: 1) Is your DS still growing? 2) Is he gaining weight, albeit, slowly? Some babies grow and gain weight slower during the 1st 3 years of their life than other babies. My 1st 2 children grew and gained weight quicker than my 3rd child did. His weight and height finally caught up to the other children his age, when he was almost 4. Don't forget to take into consideration yours and your child's father's genetics. If you have relatives that are smaller, your child might grow up to be a little on the small side. There is nothing wrong with that.
    dustbunny

Answer by dustbunny at 9:45 PM on Jun. 18, 2011

• as long as you are drinking and eating the right amount try eating oatmeal or drinking a beer... fenugreek and mothers milk didnt work for me but those did..
    mikailas_mom

Answer by mikailas_mom at 1:38 AM on Jun. 19, 2011

• Why do you think there is a supply problem in the first place? How are diapers? Are you changing 6-8 diapers in a 24 hour period? Is the LC an IBCLC?
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 12:06 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• Please drop by the breastfeeding moms group for help. I suspect y0ou're doing better than you think you are. Many moms look for the wrong thing... and weights are the wrong thing!

Answer by gdiamante at 12:16 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• By the way... two ounces is normal and PLENTY for a single feed.

Weigh/feed/weigh is useless unless done for ALL feeds for a 24-hour period minimum. Baby's daily intake should be 24 ounces at least, 30 ounces at most.

Answer by gdiamante at 10:37 AM on Jun. 22, 2011