What do you think of Toddlers & Tiaras?

kdwiegandt

Asked by kdwiegandt at 9:27 PM on Jun. 18, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Honestly? It disgusts me. I've seen things on that show that I think should be considered child abuse. I think that show mainly profiles the extremes, but most of the mothers on there make me sick.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 9:28 PM on Jun. 18, 2011

• Like watching a train wreck ~
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 9:28 PM on Jun. 18, 2011

• i think some of the people on there (mothers, fathers) are literally insane. very few of the kids on there seem to genuinely enjoy being in the pageants.

princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:31 PM on Jun. 18, 2011

• I WILL NOT watch that trash...I have seen the previews and those parents disgust me.
    Brandi300

Answer by Brandi300 at 9:32 PM on Jun. 18, 2011

• In short the parents are selfish and fullfilling their own desires.
    briansmom123

Answer by briansmom123 at 10:06 PM on Jun. 18, 2011

• I like to watch the kids get dressed up but after that I dont like watching unless the child is actually enjoying the experience and the parents are just nice people that let their child do their own thing then its ok but not if the child doesnt want to do it
    jayleelovemommy

Answer by jayleelovemommy at 9:39 PM on Jun. 18, 2011

• I watch it every once in awhile when theres nothing else on, but it is insane. I agree most of the kids seem like they are forced to be doing it. Im all for pageants, if I ever have a little girl, I'll put her in pageants, I was in pageants. But nothing like that...
    Jessica1991

Answer by Jessica1991 at 9:49 PM on Jun. 18, 2011

• Its one thing to have little girls dress up and pretend to be princesses and have fun...but competitions like that? The girls just learn how to hate everyone and be spoiled rotten. And the mothers! If the little girls don't win, they get soooooo disappointed, its so sad. All those little girls are going to grow up with body image issues and will more than likely be very insecure. I've seen it play out. I use to know a girl back in elementary school she did all those pageants and she was very pretty. She enjoyed them, but I spent the night at her house once, and her mother made her show off her trophies, and the girl didn't want to, but the mother got mad and was like, You show them off right now or I'll make all your friends go home. So she did, and she had a lot. But the mom was nuts. Later on in high school the girl was into ALL kinds of trouble, pulling the fire alarm, drugs...plus she was total bitch.
    monstersmommy20

Answer by monstersmommy20 at 9:49 PM on Jun. 18, 2011

• I think it's pretty pathetic.
    MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 9:59 PM on Jun. 18, 2011

• I watched it in the beginning, sometimes they had a good story about a girl who's confidence was built because of it, and the Mom[s weren't pyscho they just wanted their daughter or son to have a good time. But, from what I'm hearing is more than not they are way to hard on the kids.
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 11:03 PM on Jun. 19, 2011