Do the terrible twos ever end?

my three year old is very independent and drives me nuts along with my two year old son who gets into everything.

jayleelovemommy

Asked by jayleelovemommy at 9:35 PM on Jun. 18, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• i am pretty sure they end sometime after they graduate college, but then they get married and give you grandkids and you have to put up with it all over again!!!!!!!!! but you get to give those back lol
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:37 PM on Jun. 18, 2011

• uhm, last week my 18 year finally grew out of his terrible two's so there is hope
    vntNyll

Answer by vntNyll at 9:38 PM on Jun. 18, 2011

• no terrible 2;s never end
    letstalk747

Answer by letstalk747 at 9:39 PM on Jun. 18, 2011

• Lol vntNyll did he move out? ;)
    sugamama3

Answer by sugamama3 at 9:41 PM on Jun. 18, 2011

• 2 year olds terrible and 3 year old driving you nuts ? You just wait, you haven't seen anything yet ! There are plenty more years to come so you had better acquire wisdom , tolerance , patience and reinforce your sanity while you can as you will need them all in spades in the years to come !
    janet116

Answer by janet116 at 1:40 AM on Jun. 19, 2011

• Yes, the terrible twos do end! And three can be a precious time. I'd urge you to go to HappyChildGuide.com and read the free downloads. You might find some new techniques for parenting/discipline that work better than whatever you're doing now.

Many times an annoying trait in a preschooler can be channeled into something positive. A preschooler who is independent, might mature into an independent pre-teen who won't succumb to peer pressure. A preschooler who seems too bossy can be nurtured to develop leadership skills. Preschoolers who scribble on the walls need to learn better ways to express their natural creativity. I'd suggest that your children might benefit from a good, solid daily routine that includes plenty of outside play time. They need to burn off that excess energy! An hour in the sun digging in a sand box or climbing, running, jumping, sliding, riding a trike is like nap insurance! They'll sleep well
    LoreleiSieja

Answer by LoreleiSieja at 2:25 AM on Jun. 19, 2011

• According to my mom they only start at 2 and get worse every year after that and never end lol
    SMG1120

Answer by SMG1120 at 12:24 PM on Jun. 19, 2011