Would make your 3yr old take a bath every night. If yes.. Then maybe wash hair every other day?

my son HATES THE bath.. SO IM trying to compromise.. Bath every day.. wash hair every other..?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:52 PM on Jun. 18, 2011 in General Parenting

• If mine aren't dirty, haven't played outside and gotten all sweaty we may miss a night every now and then but generally it's every night. I don't make my 9 yo wash her hair every night - it's coarse and curly and dries out very easily.

Answer by missanc at 9:53 PM on Jun. 18, 2011

• i wash my children every night but don't wash their hair often at all. we're black and don't wash our hair much (unless it's dirty obviously then you have to lol)
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:55 PM on Jun. 18, 2011

• honestly, you are not supposed to wash hair ever night. and most dermatologists will tell you not to shower every night. It dries everything out...
    brookenbrodyn

Answer by brookenbrodyn at 9:56 PM on Jun. 18, 2011

• Yes, I make my child take a bath or shower every day. It is relaxing and it is good hygene. Kids in general get sticky and dirty everyday and it is a rule in our home that you have to bath and wear clean clothees everyday.
    briansmom123

Answer by briansmom123 at 10:01 PM on Jun. 18, 2011

• i do give my kids baths everyday but wash their hair everyother day or every two days
    angeleyz375

Answer by angeleyz375 at 10:10 PM on Jun. 18, 2011

• my daughter hates to have her hair wet so i tell her that im going to turn her into a fish and that i need to pour the water over her head really fast this normally works with her as long as i let her splash a bet and pretend to be a fish she loves it but if you dont tell her shes a fish it isnt as easy
    jayleelovemommy

Answer by jayleelovemommy at 10:21 PM on Jun. 18, 2011

• In the summer they get a bath everyday and their hair washed every other day. In the winter they get a bath and their hair washed every other day.
    lilysmom2607

Answer by lilysmom2607 at 10:36 PM on Jun. 18, 2011

• Maybe try a shower?
    I agree that you don't have to shower every night. But when my son gets covered in dirt or paint and refuses to have a bath I offer him a shower. He is two years old and I put the shower curtain to the side and point the shower so that is sprays a little more towards the wall. I sit on the toilet and supervise him in the shower (just like I would if he were having a bath.) He seems to like showers a lot more than baths and as long as he isn't jumping or or anything he's just fine.
    tobys.mommy

Answer by tobys.mommy at 10:37 PM on Jun. 18, 2011

• We do not bathe every night. It is about every other. My kids have eczema and it makes it much worse.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 11:07 PM on Jun. 18, 2011

• We do baths or showers every night. If he hates the bath, try the shower, and maybe put some foam blocks in there. They stick to the tile, which is fun for my kids.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 11:32 PM on Jun. 18, 2011