Should a young kid sing about....

Stuff that they don't understand?
I was watching a couple of youtube videos today of a 12 yr old girl who was singing covers of things like "Falling to Pieces" "Mine" and "Rolling in the Deep". She was good but I'm not sure how I feel about her singing these songs that are so far beyond what she's experienced.

FYI I"m not bashing just asking for fun.

2murphyboys

Asked by 2murphyboys at 9:56 PM on Jun. 18, 2011 in Just for Fun

• yeah i have always felt wierd about that
    letstalk747

Answer by letstalk747 at 9:58 PM on Jun. 18, 2011

• I, too, have a problem with that. My oldest is 13. Last summer, you want to know what he asked me?! He asked me, "What is erectile dysfunction?" LOL I immediately asked him where he heard it. "I heard it on TV." I explained what it was then I made him ask his Father:) DH and I had a good laugh over that one. Ha ha ha In January, we dropped all cable except basic. DH & I watch the cable in our bedroom. My 3 DSs don't get to watch cable much. They are only allowed to watch what DH & I have approved on Netflix.
    dustbunny

Answer by dustbunny at 10:03 PM on Jun. 18, 2011

• I don't have a problem with it LOL.. Remember the 80's, well Cindy Lauper had a song "she boop" that song was about masturbation.. I had no clue until I was grown but man I loved that song.. Many other songs are the same way.. I kinda like the fact they are clueless about some of the lyrics in songs.. I think the catchy tune is what they like the most.. As long as the songs are not obvious about things that are too "old" for them or cuss words, I am good with it.. Cuss words don't bother me, I just don't want a child repeating them :)
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 10:19 PM on Jun. 18, 2011

• They probably should not be singing or saying things they don't understand.
    Dustbunny - we had the same conversation in our house about erectile dysfunction.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 10:25 PM on Jun. 18, 2011

• Well apparently I made some youngens mad on youtube!~ lol I commented on one of her videos saying she looked bored and was so young she didn't know the meaning of what she was singing! lol Someone replied and said to go ***** myself! They acted like I said I hated her!
    2murphyboys

Comment by 2murphyboys (original poster) at 12:11 AM on Jun. 19, 2011