Why does this happen?

I use food stamps for grocery shopping. And I also use a ton of coupons. Because I only have food stamps on my card and no cash, the register separates the food items from the non food items and once the money is taken off the card for food, I pay for the rest with cash.

Lately though, when I buy non food items, like laundry detergent and sunscreen for the kids like I did today, there was no balance for cash I had to pay. It was like the food stamps covered everything. I'm thinking it's because I am using even more coupons now. We finally got ink in our printer so I've been able to use even more coupons. For instance, I had a store coupon for $7 off pediasure and a manufacture coupon for $5 off pediasure. But the pediasure was already on sale for just $5.99. I guess that means I made $6 just for buying that product. But wouldn't it take off for food items and not cash items? I feel like I got the detergent and suncreen for free so I feel bad about it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:59 PM on Jun. 18, 2011 in Shopping

• The same thing happens with me when I use coupons. I think they some how comfuse the computer system. I love it!
    ashlrenee

Answer by ashlrenee at 10:44 PM on Jun. 18, 2011

• I'm not sure why it happens, but as a taxpayer I am very grateful to see you using your food stamps wisely and trying to stretch your dollar further. I think it's great that you are also able to save the cash because of the coupons. It's a great incentive for other people. Although I do know too many of them that figure they get so much that they don't need to stretch it any further, or really even care because the stuff is already free for them. A little trick I just learned printing coupons, when you get the option to print box comes up, if you go in properties and hit the quick print, it will save you ink. I print a lot of them and go through tons of ink. This helps with the ones that give you that option.
    attap5

Answer by attap5 at 11:59 PM on Jun. 18, 2011

• i dont know whats going on...But i wouldn't jenks it LOL
    brookenbrodyn

Answer by brookenbrodyn at 10:03 PM on Jun. 18, 2011

• Why do you feel bad?
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 10:19 PM on Jun. 18, 2011