What would you do if someone ran over your mailbox and their

Garbage can fell out of their truck? So that just happened to us. They took off. We have their garbage can and there is a serial number on it. We could call the garbage company, find out who it belongs to and then ask for them to pay for the damages. Would you? We don't have much money and we are talking about $200.

emmyandlisa

Asked by emmyandlisa at 10:04 PM on Jun. 18, 2011 in Home & Garden

• I would call the police. It is both illegal to damage someone's mailbox and to have unsecured cargo in the back of a truck fall out & damage something, so they'd get a whopping fine & you'd get your mailbox fixed.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 10:10 PM on Jun. 18, 2011

• i would call the cops and let them take care of it.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 10:05 PM on Jun. 18, 2011

• I would call the cops...its actually against the law to run over/ damage a mail box
    christydlewis

Answer by christydlewis at 10:06 PM on Jun. 18, 2011

• I sure would! You may even need to call the police to make a report.
    treynlisa

Answer by treynlisa at 10:06 PM on Jun. 18, 2011

• It would really depend on my mood of the day. How much time and effort and frustration would this take? Do I have the energy to follow through with it once I start this? Yes, $200 is alot of money but my time and energy and frustration is worth something as well. It's all just a balancing act.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 10:07 PM on Jun. 18, 2011

• I would have a serious problem if someone hit my mailbox with their truck, since my mailbox is connected to my house right next to my front door! lol. But anyway...I would call the cops and let them deal with finding the guy and getting him to pay for the damages. Although they may ask you to turn it into your insurance company if the guy refuses, and then the insurance company will go after him, but your deductible may be more than the mailbox is worth.
    fallnangel93

Answer by fallnangel93 at 10:16 PM on Jun. 18, 2011