Have you ever had an affair?

Have you had an affair on you S/O? Either through the internet, phones or in person? Did they find out? Did you tell them or is it a secret? Do you feel if it's over the phone or the internet if it is still an affair? I am trying to help a friend out. But, I have been hurt in the past, so I am trying not to put my emotions into this. Can you help me?

SweetPea726

Asked by SweetPea726 at 10:24 PM on Jun. 18, 2011 in Relationships

• Never. If you are even in a situation where it could possibly lead you down that path, pull yourself from the situation....friend or not!
    BeachyBabe

Answer by BeachyBabe at 10:26 PM on Jun. 18, 2011

• no
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 10:27 PM on Jun. 18, 2011

• We've been together 32 years, married 28. Through everything we've been through I've never had the desire to have an affair. I respect him too much to be dishonest. If I wanted to be with someone else, I would end my marriage first, out of respect. The last thing I want is a man who would have an affair with another mans wife or SO. How would I ever feel secure in a secret relationship. Not fair to yourself or SO.
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 10:31 PM on Jun. 18, 2011

• yes iv had an affair. i told the guy what happened in person and he was heart broken especially since i also got pregnant from that whole incident . it didn't last with the guy. but no matter if its on the phone or the internet its still considered cheating it would just be an emotional affair that can lead to a physical affair. but i wouldn't keep it from them cause they will find out sooner or later.
    lori648

Answer by lori648 at 10:35 PM on Jun. 18, 2011

• I agree if it is emotional, pictures, or physical it is cheating. I also agree if your going to cheat break off your marriage. And if you have done it, to be honest and tell your s/o the truth. I don't want to get in the middle of this. But, I have been her friend a long time. I have been hurt and I don't want to go down this road again. With her or without her.
    SweetPea726

Comment by SweetPea726 (original poster) at 10:51 PM on Jun. 18, 2011

• as far as I'm concerned I have not, but considering you don't have to do much these days to be accused of having at least a 'emotional affair' then I guess it depends on who you ask.
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 12:19 AM on Jun. 19, 2011