If I am over stepping my grounds....On fathers day! Important!!!!

Okay I have been dating this guy for a while. My son has gotten really close to him. So i was wondering if anyone thinks buying him a fathers day card would be over stepping. I brought one but I dont know if I fill it out... the one i brought says happy fathers day friend. Which is how my son looks at this guy. My sons father is also not around. So This guy takes me son for father son days. So what do you moms think. Give it to him or not??

ljmommy1211

Asked by ljmommy1211 at 10:49 PM on Jun. 18, 2011 in General Parenting

• I would give it to him. And from someone who has seen good and bad fathers, he is a good one. Parents are not who donated the sperm and the egg, but the people that love you and take care of you. And a little advice from an old lady, this guy sounds like a keeper.
    attap5

Answer by attap5 at 11:36 PM on Jun. 18, 2011

• I wouldn't. Given what you've said, I'd feel very awkward if the situation were reversed. It gives the impression that this guy is the new dad.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 10:56 PM on Jun. 18, 2011

• Since the card says" friend", I think it's fine!
    anichols1

Answer by anichols1 at 10:57 PM on Jun. 18, 2011

• How long is a while? If u say a month I would say no. 6 months? Maybe.
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 10:51 PM on Jun. 18, 2011

• Of Course, you should fill it out & let your Little Man give it to him- it will make them Both feel Special:)

daisyb

Answer by daisyb at 10:54 PM on Jun. 18, 2011

• do you have plans to do things together tomorrow? If so, I'd say yes. If you are just going to give him the card and then go your seperate ways, probably not.
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 11:18 PM on Jun. 18, 2011

• I would, you said the card says "friend" and that is how your son thinks of him. Nothing wrong with it.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:37 PM on Jun. 18, 2011

• Id give it to him, and if he acts weird about it then pull him aside and explain it like u did in the question.
    beckymom18

Answer by beckymom18 at 1:33 AM on Jun. 19, 2011

• My son understands that he is not his father. It was my sons idea to buy a card. His words were mommy fathers dad is for someone that means a lot to us right and i said yes to a point i was like pop pop means a lot he is like us can we get mike one he means a lot as my friend and we talked about it in the store because he picked out a card that said daddy. Logan this is not the best card why not mommy because even know it had two people playing ball it is a daddy and son and he goes but he is not my daddy he is just a special friend. He takes me out for boys day and we get pizza and plays ball with me mommy! I showed him where the cards were for the friends and someone special. and he picked it out of there.So how can i tell my son no to that. We have plans to go to dinner. Which was my boyfriends idea. Because my son came home from school asking what we were doing for fathers day and i said seeing pop pop and mike asked.if
    ljmommy1211

Comment by ljmommy1211 (original poster) at 11:39 PM on Jun. 18, 2011

• going out to dinner would be okay. Mike is also letting Logan help pick out the place!

ljmommy1211

Comment by ljmommy1211 (original poster) at 11:41 PM on Jun. 18, 2011