Imagine if debate sections were open ended...

meaning, nobody was ever allowed to close them. You could choose a best answer, but it stayed open. If you later saw one you liked better, you could change it, but no more points would be involved (the first BA wouldn't lose any, and the new BA wouldn't gain any). Your only option would be to delete (take a point hit) or leave it be so the conversation would go on uninterrupted. Would it be better, or worse?

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 11:13 PM on Jun. 18, 2011 in About CafeMom

• unnecessary. It seems like the debates usually end up being between only a few people in the end and they usually talk in circles.
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 11:16 PM on Jun. 18, 2011

• It would be ok if there was some sort of notification when a thread you have been active in has been commented on. After a while, they fall back a few pages in the "My Answers" and are forgotten about. I don't think people would check back into all their threads after a few days or weeks.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 11:30 PM on Jun. 18, 2011

• it'd be unnecessary, because none of the real big issues (debates) ever end, or go away. someone, usually the one who got upset the most, or the one who is most passionate about the subject or can't let go, always brings it back to the table in a S/O 'question'...and the ones involved in the original thread already saw it coming. its expected.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 11:38 PM on Jun. 18, 2011

• I think it would be funner if at times you could unbump people.. some questions I seriously want to sometimes reach through my monitor and smack the person who wrote it, lol . (no this isn't one of them though lol)
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:39 PM on Jun. 18, 2011

• I feel most of them are already. There are some Posters that never delete their question or select BA. I've gone back several days later and the question is still there. Of course if you wait to answer at that point, it's no longer a debate, lol
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 12:06 AM on Jun. 19, 2011

• I will vote unnecessary because I run like a chicken after a few responses so I would never know who had BA or if it is still going
    vntNyll

Answer by vntNyll at 2:03 AM on Jun. 19, 2011