When should I get my Mirena removed?

Ive had the Mirena birth control for about 2.5 years and wondering how soon I should get it removed prior to trying to conceive. Any advice or thoughts from other moms who have had or used this method of birth control.

mrspeh

Asked by mrspeh at 6:00 PM on Dec. 12, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• i have the mirena and i was wondering my self and i talked to a few friends of mine and they told me not to take it out til i was 100% ready! they all got preggers a month or two after getting it out
    lonelymommyof2

Answer by lonelymommyof2 at 6:06 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• I've heard of many women who have a harder time getting pregnant after mirena. Its just like any other BC. You could get pregnant right away or you could not. If you think you want another baby soon take it out and just relax and have sex whenever dont "try". Or, take it out and use condoms for a few months to get your body cleansed of the hormones.
    CaityMarie

Answer by CaityMarie at 6:10 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• I had my merina out last may. Dr told me not to get pregnant for 3 months because I had to heal. He had hard time removing it. We tried to be careful but I ended up pregnant in june. Oops. Evrybody different but u better be ready just in case.
    aeemom

Answer by aeemom at 6:15 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• my dr. told me as soon as it is out i am fertile. but everyone is different, i get preggo very easily...obviously!
    makennasmom

Answer by makennasmom at 7:53 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• You should get it removed when you are ready. It could take anywhere from a couple of weeks to months to get pregnant. You want to give it time. Some people do not get pregnant right away and others do. Good luck and baby dust.
    vroberts3677

Answer by vroberts3677 at 8:59 PM on Dec. 12, 2008