House training my puppy

I'm having such a hard time potty training my puppy! Tybalt can be outside for a long time and not go to the bathroom, but as soon as we go back inside, he goes to the bathroom under the kitchen table! How do I stop this???

jalvarez626

Asked by jalvarez626 at 11:46 PM on Jun. 18, 2011 in Pets

• I use crate training and scheduled feedings. How old is the puppy? Prior to 3 or 4 months you can't expect much since they can't really control their bladders yet. Also smaller breeds can be more difficult to house train.
    marshsmom

Answer by marshsmom at 11:12 AM on Jun. 19, 2011

• not unusual for a puppie just stay consistant in taking him out and buy some puppy pads for the floor so he ca get his scent on them.
    Sarah961

Answer by Sarah961 at 11:03 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• Puppy pads and regularly time taking him outside walk at the about same time every time so he will know when you will take him out and all. It takes a time and also when he is older, I recommend to get him sprayed too.
    breezymommie

Answer by breezymommie at 9:19 AM on Jun. 20, 2011

• Put the pee pad by the door and hang a chime or bell on the door low enough for him to nudge with his nose as you get him to the door always use a key word for him such as potty or outside but choose only one so as not to confuse him. Use your key word ring the chime open the door and take him out, always reinforce good potty behavior outside with praise and never correct indoor bad potty because as soon as he potties in the house he's forgotten about it. Like marshsmom said until they are past 3 or 4 months you just hve to be consistent. You'll be suprised how fast he'll pick up the training once he's no ;onger an infant. Good Luck!
    starfire59

Answer by starfire59 at 9:39 PM on Jul. 2, 2011