What do you guys like to do with your kids in the summer??

I am trying to get new ideas to do with my son during the summer. I feel like we do the same thing 3 or 5 times a month. If it seems boring to me. I am sure it is the same way with them. So tell me what is your favorite summer Activities with your kids??

ljmommy1211

Asked by ljmommy1211 at 12:11 AM on Jun. 19, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I love to buy family memberships - which makes going places cheaper. This summer I'll buy a membership to Bounceland, a small business in our town that houses huge inflatable toys for kids to climb and bounce on. It's $50 for a summer pass, and the child can go as many days as she wants, stay as long as she wants. It's air conditioned inside. I like to go when they first open for the day (10 am) because it isn't crowded with bigger kids who play too rough for my 4 yr old granddaughter. I especially like to go there on rainy days, or super-hot days.
    I also bought a family membership to the YMCA. My granddaughter takes a variety of "classes" offered for her age, including ballet, swim lessons, sporties for shorties, and she can go to the Tot Spot drop in day care facility when I want to take a class. The drop-in day care is $1.00 a day.
    I have a membership to the Air Zoo, which is a great museum, with fun amusement rides
    LoreleiSieja

Answer by LoreleiSieja at 1:56 AM on Jun. 19, 2011

• The Air Zoo has a one-year membership for only $29 a year per person! Since it's $15 a day to go and ride the rides, the year membership is a real savings.
    I have a membership to the Children's Museum in the city just north of us, about a 45 minute drive. It was very reasonable, although I don't remember just now how much. Maybe $30. This children's museum is packed with fun educational activities. Every week (we don't go that often) they have a special craft class offered, and periodically the displays are changed.
    I have a membership to the Nature Center. It offers interesting age-appropriate crafts and classes as part of the membership, plus it has dozens of well-marked paths through the woods. My exuberant preschooler can run ahead, and not get lost. She'll run back to me, and run ahead again - she covers a lot more than the 1/2 mile of the trail we take! She sleeps really well when we get home, too!
    Continued
    LoreleiSieja

Answer by LoreleiSieja at 2:01 AM on Jun. 19, 2011

• We participate in the Library's summer reading program. I find out about the free concerts in the park. I find out about interesting and unusual things to do in the area - this spring we went to an "alligator parade" at the Critchlow Alligator Sanctuary! Talk about unusual!
    Finally, I pick a theme for the week. I find books in the library on that theme, and come up with art projects related to that. I usually write a full lesson plan and post it to my blog to share with other moms. This week we'll do Birds, next week is the Fourth of July, and the following week I may do Zoo Animals, Smell, Beat the Heat, Rainy Days, and Emotions.
    Of course, there is the usual summer activities - trips to the beach, the park, the library, McDonald's playland, and a family trip to visit relatives! All in all, we keep pretty busy.
    LoreleiSieja

Answer by LoreleiSieja at 2:06 AM on Jun. 19, 2011

• Thanks they are all really good Ideas!!!
    ljmommy1211

Comment by ljmommy1211 (original poster) at 3:44 AM on Jun. 19, 2011