If you suspect a person of being a terrorist how would you go about reporting them?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:02 PM on Jun. 19, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• You would report them to your local branch of the FBI and they would investigate it. I think that since 9/11 they have said if you have any reason to be seriously concerned that someone might be a terrorist to report it -- Then they will investigate it (that part is their job) and it starts by asking you questions and getting information from you why you have those suspicions... if your questions and information don't seem to be concerning to them they won't continue with an investigation..IF they do they will.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:28 AM on Jun. 20, 2008

• First of all, you should be pretty sure as you don't want to be carelessly throwing around allegations like that. Write a list of what makes you think this person is a terrorist. You can show the list to someone you trust for a second opinion if you're not sure. If you still believe this person is a terrorist call the department of homeland security and they can investigate further.
    Eliza34

Answer by Eliza34 at 1:13 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• O wow I would call the police they would help!!!!
    Chris127

Answer by Chris127 at 1:39 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• First I would be pretty damn sure. That is something crazy and serious.... if you are 100% then its your duty as a citizen of the USA to report them.
    Anonymous

• I wouldn't report them.   If one is definitely a terrorist, then the CIA, FBI, NSA are (or should) already be all over them. 

I guess it depends on why you suspect someone whether or not it is report-worthy.

clithero

Answer by clithero at 3:10 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• You need to call your local PD ask to speak to the Homeland Security Officer, they can help you from there.
    AvonbyAmandaNC

Answer by AvonbyAmandaNC at 3:43 PM on Jun. 20, 2008