How to balance being a mom and everything else

lmorga006

Asked by lmorga006 at 12:43 AM on Jun. 19, 2011 in General Parenting

• question fail.
    mellypoo

Answer by mellypoo at 12:56 AM on Jun. 19, 2011

• You just have to make sure you know where your priorities are. For me, God has to come first, then my husband and kids. After that-volunteering is important to me and having fun:)
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 1:04 AM on Jun. 19, 2011

• As hard as it is to stick to planning everything including my day to day routine activities. I'm not always good at doing this because I just get bored or am not in a good enough mood to also follow a set routine but when things start getting so behind that its causing me a lot of worry I find even sticking to planning and scheduling temporarily untill I catch up helps. Be flexible though, sometimes things will come up that will prevent you from sticking to those routines. Don't let that become a source of frustration. just take care of whatever is causing the hold up and then get back to the plan. Also working in some me time in that schedule helps me to recharge my batteries. Seems like if I force myself to soldeir on too much when I know I'm craving a break I start moving slower and slower or I get burn out and just don't care enough to keep things from getting behind. After a break I find I tackle things faster & calmer.
    christina259

Answer by christina259 at 1:14 AM on Jun. 19, 2011

• It's hard to wear all those hats isn't it?! I know. Just try to put your priorities in order and be a good Mom but don't forget to be good to yourself too. Take some time for yourself also and you will find you can be a better Mom. Put your kids first then your housework (if that is what you mean too)
    cat4458

Answer by cat4458 at 1:58 AM on Jun. 19, 2011

• Yeah it takes time to learn to juggle it all and then just when you get it life gives you another routine you didnt expect,so
    try not to stress only makes it worse,hopefully theres someone you can call on to help when you get too off track.
    Sarah961

Answer by Sarah961 at 2:01 AM on Jun. 19, 2011

• Try to stick with a routine and let my ds help where he can and involve him as much as I can
    goobersmom713

Answer by goobersmom713 at 1:50 PM on Jun. 19, 2011