I will like too invest in stock and bond.

How do I start,how much do I put down? Any information will be helpful.

mamaofficer

Asked by mamaofficer at 12:51 AM on Jun. 19, 2011 in Money & Work

• Check out ETRade or any of the online trading companies, start following stocks and bonds in sectors that intrigue you (such as energy, automotive, etc.), or you could dollar cost average into a mutual fund (place a fixed amount each month into a mix of stocks and bonds).
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 1:09 AM on Jun. 19, 2011

• Thanks
    mamaofficer

Comment by mamaofficer (original poster) at 4:21 AM on Jun. 19, 2011

• Mutual funds are much safer than stocks and bonds. You can set up an account with Fidleity, Schwab, etc. I have a list of really good ones if you would like it. Our retirement money is invested in them and they were recommended by one of the top 100 financial advisors in US. They are mostly no load funds and doing nicely. I would be glad to give you the list if you are interested. Just private message me. You could do your own research online to see what you think of them. You also might want to listen to WTKK radio online Sunday mornings 9-12 EST. It is a great financial show. Susan Kaplan is the best and she is on almost every week.
    whitepeppers

Answer by whitepeppers at 9:49 AM on Jun. 19, 2011

• Thanks you can PM me the info.
    mamaofficer

Comment by mamaofficer (original poster) at 11:01 AM on Jun. 19, 2011

• First, educate yourself. Go to the library, and read the Wall Street Journal every day. Subscribe to the Motley Fool http://www.fool.com/ and read everything on their website

Answer by rkoloms at 12:46 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• Mutual Fund is the best way to go. Email me and I can give you more information.
    Fabe21

Answer by Fabe21 at 10:52 AM on Jun. 23, 2011