How do you prepare your chicken to be on the grill? Do you boil it, then marinate, or just marinate?

bellamommyof4

Asked by bellamommyof4 at 1:22 AM on Jun. 19, 2011 in Food & Drink

• If its going on the grill i just marinate it for at least 1 hour, but over night is best... just a simple lemon, extra virgin oil, pepper, and onion do great!
    mikailas_mom

Answer by mikailas_mom at 1:24 AM on Jun. 19, 2011

• No need to boil it. Marinate it first for at least 1 hour and then grill it on low
    Momforhealth

Answer by Momforhealth at 1:26 AM on Jun. 19, 2011

• Just marinate. If you are using Italian dressing for marinate, do not leave it too long. An hour is sufficient. (The vinegar breaks down too much of the tissue if left too long) Otherwise, marinate away :-) No sense boiling, just grill until when poked, fliuds are clear.
    LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 1:26 AM on Jun. 19, 2011

• I wash it then marinate overnight then grill yum!
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 1:27 AM on Jun. 19, 2011

• I marinate it inside a big ziplock bag inside the frig about 4hrs. then put on grill.
    Sarah961

Answer by Sarah961 at 1:50 AM on Jun. 19, 2011

• I am buying a charcoal grill tomorrow, and I have no idea what I am doing lol. My friend told me to boil it first...and I thought that was odd. I can cook really good in the kitchen, and have great recipes for BBQ chicken...but never cooked on the grill lol. Lets see how this turns out.
    bellamommyof4

Comment by bellamommyof4 (original poster) at 2:18 AM on Jun. 19, 2011

• I have always heard you boil it awhile first or the meat will be so dry.
    Honda309

Answer by Honda309 at 7:01 AM on Jun. 22, 2011