Can a child have roseola more than once?

My daughter has had this 3 times in the last 3 years. the signs and symptoms look exactly as roseola except with roseola its not suppose to be caught more than one time? any help is appreciated thanks...

mikailas_mom

Asked by mikailas_mom at 1:23 AM on Jun. 19, 2011 in Kids' Health

• It's not a communicable disease, otherwise they would immunize for that too just like everything else. It comes from a fever. Unfortunately it looks bad, but there are no long term effects from it.
    attap5

Answer by attap5 at 9:27 AM on Jun. 19, 2011

• Yes, it is a communicable disease, It's measles. I do believe you can get it more than one time. Seeing your daughter has had it 3 times, I would ask the doctor about it, maybe it's not roseola but an allergic reaction to something.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:36 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• I talked to a doctor...Roseola is a mild form of measles and it is contagious. If a child gets roseola then they are more likely to get regular measles.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 8:00 PM on Jun. 20, 2011