Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

9 Bumps

I am worried about my best friends kids!?!?!?

Okay i try and mind my own Bunicess because I just think it is smarting But i feel like i NEED to say something on this. I dont know to who!!! This girl is my best friend! I love her and her kids but i feel like she is having a hard time with somethings.

1) I dont want my three year old at her house... They have roaches. When i was there and saw one.. I said i needed to lay something happened at home! I got my son undressed before putting him in the car... and i changed my clothes outside my car as well and just threw those cloths away!! yes this may not of been needed but I dont need them at my house.. her house smells like cat pee...She has some many dishes piling up that their was mold and maggots growing in there!!!

2) she just started to date this guy and they are getting married. He hits her 6 year old! He is disable and needs a little more help but instead of helping him he hits him!! When i mean just started to date maybe a month!!!

3) she has a 6 month old...Who i was baby sitting at my home one day when she gave him to be he had a fuzzy layer under his neck..Which was mold!! I gave him a bath and washed his cloths!! And what ever else was in the diaper bag.... Which i got to the bottles I lost it! they were so bad that just dumping them out made me sick!!! How can you feed them to your son??

4) She always complain how they dont listen this and that... When I have them they do... she lets her 6 year old hit when he is mad and blames it on the disorder!!! She leaves these kids with people she just meet and can go buy stuff for her wedding instead of taking care of her kids!!!

5) she has guys in and out of her life one point she was messing around with 4 guys/ all over at different times...

she makes the 6 year old call this new guy daddy when he real dad is over is Hawaii in the military... She tell her 6 year old that daddy doesnt care...When he does he writes him and she doesnt give it to him!! I am really good friends with the dad so I am 100% he sends letters because he knew i watched them and send me letters for him!!

I really feel like a bad friend because I never let my son go over there and she ask all the time because no one else wants to be her friend but I feel so bad going right out and saying it!! I am so confused.. I am so grossed out! I dont want my son there so i cant think about how her kids feel...




Asked by Anonymous at 1:40 AM on Jun. 19, 2011 in General Parenting

This question is closed.
Answers (22)
  • I never advise calling CPS because they can create more problems than fix. But if a child is being physically abused, an infant is being fed rancid milk and has mold from not being cleaned properly, CPS needs to be called. Especially if the house is as dirty as you say. I'd also tell the child's father if you're close! He needs a clean, stable environment. Makes me wonder if your friend has a mental disorder! This is horrible! Help the kids!

    Answer by Austinsmom35 at 6:39 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

  • Sounds like you were over reacting about throwing your kids clothes away. Other than that just call CPS.

    Answer by momavanessa at 1:45 AM on Jun. 19, 2011

  • Hmm , Thats sounds nasty and messed up , i would call cps , Hope i helped (:

    Answer by des11987 at 1:52 AM on Jun. 19, 2011

  • Before calling cps i would get prove like tell her you will babysit them and see if the bottles are like that again she might get mad but do it for the kids.

    Answer by roxy0522 at 1:54 AM on Jun. 19, 2011

  • then dont say something just call cps

    Answer by roxy0522 at 2:04 AM on Jun. 19, 2011

  • call CPS, get photo evidence of the filth. sorry, maybe she would be happier without kids

    Answer by staciandababy at 3:24 AM on Jun. 19, 2011

  • That is so sad. I cannot imagine what these poor children are going through. Does she have any family, or someone who could possibly step in and help with the children? Clearly this is not a safe, or healthy environment for the children. Would she be willing to give you temporary custody or someone in her family ? Since it seems she just places the children with anyone. I would talk to her about your concerns, she needs to make changes and if not then you need to protect those children. Please keep us posted...I am praying for those little ones!

    Answer by Kellyjude1 at 8:48 AM on Jun. 19, 2011

  • honestly i would call cps with your the very least they will get her some help to clean the house and parenting class on how to take care of the kids and if they see this isnt working they will step in more.......being a true friend is saying something even when its going to upset the other person ......

    Answer by cara124 at 10:00 AM on Jun. 19, 2011

  • She may be your friend but her kids need help especially the one you say needs more attention. I would call CPS but do it anonymous that way she can't pull the "well I thought you were my friend and friends wouldn't do that to each other" card on you. Or try to talk with the friend see if anything changes then call but something needs to be done hope everything works out and gets netters

    Answer by goobersmom713 at 1:45 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

  • I'm sorry you're dealing with this - I know what its like. Your friend sounds a lot like my now ex-best friend. I couldn't handle the way she treated her kids anymore, the house was always filthy and I couldn't emotionally support her anymore through her divorce because I agreed with all the reasons her husband left and agreed that he should be given at least primary custody of the kids. I use to babysit her kids every Saturday morning and while she was off at her appointment I cleaned the house. She may be pissed at me because I've sided with her ex but I don't care anymore. What's important is the kids and we have other mutual friends that keep me posted about the conditions of the house and how the kids are doing. If things don't improve I'll be making a call to CPS and that's what you should do too. If I were you I would have called CPS immediately.

    Answer by anon1986East at 2:19 PM on Jun. 19, 2011