Why does he want to start now??

I left my sons father when he was 4 months. He saw him when he had just turned one. Other that that he doesn't see him ask about him or even try to help till now. i get a call asking if we could work out a deal with money. My son is now three and a half. Should I be worried?? I am concern that it is a game to get me to talk to him again. If you were in my shoes what would you do??

ljmommy1211

Asked by ljmommy1211 at 1:51 AM on Jun. 19, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• then tell him no you are okay the way things are the moment. If you do not feel comfortable then go with your instinct
    roxy0522

Answer by roxy0522 at 2:14 AM on Jun. 19, 2011

• He might be scared you decide to put child support and it will be worse. If i were in you shoes it depends on the background and what is he asking for in return.
    roxy0522

Answer by roxy0522 at 2:00 AM on Jun. 19, 2011

• He knows I don't want his money because i know if go after child support that he will ask to see my son. Right now he can only see him when and if I say. The times and place is up to me It states it right on the court order!! It has been like that for almost two years now!! I do invite him to birthdays. AND even know he tells me know at least once a month I will ask him if he wants to see him!! He asked me to stay down there a night so we could talk but i truly believes he wants more!!
    ljmommy1211

Comment by ljmommy1211 (original poster) at 2:04 AM on Jun. 19, 2011