when did you put your kids in school

i dont know when to put my daughter in school shes only 1 1/2 and friends are telling me they go to preschool at 3 seems young to me and what do they teach in preschool also what do you take when you sign them up for school how early should i sign her up what do i give her to go to school like books and school sup lunch ect,

truannmil

Asked by truannmil at 6:51 PM on Dec. 12, 2008 in Preschoolers (3-4)

Level 1 (-2 Credits)
  • each child is different. At 3 its preschool not School/school. You would drive them not go on a bus and what they would need depends on the school but usually its a change of clothes and maybe lunch. ONE def. for me was no daycare until fully toilet trained (during the day, at least)
    They do learn things both academic and social.
    The thing is to do your reasearch, visit the places 2 or more times at various hours of the day, ask lots of questions, go without your child at first and then with your child once you've narrowed it down to 1 or 2. Spend time there observing the teacher and their interactions, show up without calling and after calling to see if there's any difference in what is going on....
    and after they start do the same a couple of times.
    MamiJaAyla

Answer by MamiJaAyla at 4:22 PM on Dec. 13, 2008

• Mine went at 4.

Answer by gemgem at 6:53 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• you could always look for churches or schools around and call and find out when they take children. i'll probably do at least one year of preschool before kindergarten. so i think 3 is fine to start.
    imanixon2

Answer by imanixon2 at 6:59 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• Mine started at 6, my son wasn't ready for school until 6, cognatively yes but emotionally not so much. My daughter although more then ready at 4, didn't make the cut off for kindergarten had to be 5 by october 1st and she turned 5 at the end of October. So she will be turning 6 in Kindergarten. I didn't send either to preschool.
    Anonymous

• My boys went to preschool at 3. After 2 years of preschool and before Kindergarten, I pulled them out and decided to homeschool them instead.

Kids learn really well through play at that age. You can just as easily teach them their colors, letters, numbers, how to use scissors, etc at home. There's no NEED for preschool. I don't care what anyone else says :)
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 8:34 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• MY KIDS HAVE BEEN IN DAYCARE MOST OF THEIR LIVES (until now.) so my SON WAS READY TO GO TO PRESCHOOL AT 3. N HE STARTED K4 THIS SEPT.
    Aneq

Answer by Aneq at 10:08 PM on Dec. 12, 2008