WWYD if there was favoritism?

If one child is treated more special then the others, by the bio parent in a blended Brady bunch family? The other children do chores, clean up after self & generally behave? Then 1 child is waited on hand & foot? Did you have these dynamics growing up or as you raise children now?

1northwestmom

Asked by 1northwestmom at 2:24 AM on Jun. 19, 2011 in General Parenting

• Were you at the same party with me yesterday!! Big conversation about how the adopted child was being treated by the bio child and the 'parent' clearly favor the bio. Adopted one is always in touble always wrong and always being punished, NOT physical abused at all, just sent to his room, made to eat by himself, and the parent nevers really takes the time to hear and listen to the real story. It was infuriating. At one point I spoke to the bio child and he of course being the favorite just blew me off.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 9:20 AM on Jun. 19, 2011

• My step dad played favorites with his kids but looking back my mom played favorites with us. It sucked but that is the life of a kid in a blended family. If my husband died or left me I would not remarry and put my son through multiple step parent drama.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:02 AM on Jun. 19, 2011

• my dd and ss are equal although when ss goes to bio moms we do more things so my dd has quality time
    rinamomof2

Answer by rinamomof2 at 1:36 PM on Jun. 19, 2011