Do you have step children? What does that mean to you?

Do you have step children? Are your children step children to your spouse? What does it mean to you to be a step parent? What does it mean to you having someone be step parent to your children?

1northwestmom

Asked by 1northwestmom at 2:31 AM on Jun. 19, 2011 in General Parenting

• Means I get to be part of a blended family that is wonderful and different
    goobersmom713

Answer by goobersmom713 at 5:08 AM on Jun. 19, 2011

• my ss lives with us and i reffer to him as my son i treat him equal and love him as mine i am raising him as my own
    rinamomof2

Answer by rinamomof2 at 1:35 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• My husband is a stepdad to my oldest 3 children. To me, it's just one more person to love and take care of my kids. For my kids specifically, it means that they get to do a lot more than they would otherwise - their dad is over 15K behind in child support and if I were single I would have significantly less time and money to go around!

Answer by missanc at 8:24 AM on Jun. 19, 2011

• My husband adopted my oldest so in the eyes of the world he is his father. When we were first married he was his step father because we had to wait for the adoption. To me I love that my husband stepped up and could look past the fact that I already had a child with someone else. He loved me enough to not want to lose me just because I had a child. That was 14 years ago and it has been great. My son's bio father doesn't really have much to do with him and has been great about letting my husband be his father. My ex MIL is still in the picture very much and she treats all 3 of my children like they are all her grand children. For me it has been a wonderful experience and I am so lucky to have the blended family I have because I know it doesn't always turn out this way!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 8:27 AM on Jun. 19, 2011

• I have a step daughter and we've never gotten along. She lived with her mother and only called or visited when she wanted something which of course always involved and revolved around MONEY. Other than that I was never in her life - initially her choice, now mine.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 9:15 AM on Jun. 19, 2011

• My husband has a son with his exwife. All that means to me is that I have a child that I didn't give birth to. :)
    2LittleLoves

Answer by 2LittleLoves at 9:57 AM on Jun. 19, 2011