Should I Request A Blood Pregnancy Test?

I had an annual exam April 16th & my results showed was infected with BV (which I heard was common in pregnant women). I had my period at the very end of april & it lasted into the first few days of may. I later had a bit of pink spotting on May 19th, but nothing followed. I went to the doctors on June 4th to take a pregnancy test (urine) & it came back negative. It is now June 18th & I have yet to get a period. My breast have been sore for two weeks now (my nipples were extremely tender last week but now do not hurt as bad). I've had back pain (cramping in my lower back, soreness in my lower & middle back), I've had a pain on the right side of my pelvis area when I sit down. I've been urinating more frequently, even when I havent consumed liquids. I haven't slept through the night in about a week. For the past 3 days I've been nauseous. I'm hot when no one else is, & sometimes wake up in the middle of the night because I'm so hot & uncomfortable. My nails (hands & feet) we're very weak & breaking for the past month & hurt to even touch the tops of them (my nails are getting stronger on my hands but seem to be getting worse on my feet && damn near falling off with the slightest brush against anything) .

I have been trying to conceive for a few years now. I no longer have faith in home pregnancy test. It has become discouraging & even embarrassing constantly going to my Dr.s to take pregnancy test (the nurse's are fed up with my "mind playing tricks on me" im sure).

How much longer should I wait for my period before I request another test? & Should I ask for a blood test instead of urine? Can those symptoms all point to anything else?

please, help!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:55 AM on Jun. 19, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• Those symptoms could really be anything! I would wait it out a bit, stress can cause your period to be different. If it were me, I would wait to see what next month brings. But, if you really want to know, call and ask for the blood pg test. They can get as annoyed as they want. It is there job to do what you ask within reason since you are paying for the service.
    ILoveCade

Answer by ILoveCade at 3:05 AM on Jun. 19, 2011