Children 6-12yrs.old Developement ?

Do you think think it would interfere with a childs normal social
skills if they only see other children when they are at school,also
is it normal for children of this age to not want or show interest
in having friends over?

Sarah961

Asked by Sarah961 at 3:08 AM on Jun. 19, 2011 in Tweens (9-12)

• No, a child can be perfectly socialized with only seeing other kids at school - that's a lot of hours anyway, right there. And some kids don't really care for the whole "friends over" thing. My older boys never did. The girls only close friends and not until they were in high school. It's just part of his personality, I wouldn't worry about it at all, in fact I don't much like having other kids over, so I'd be breathing a sigh of relief! I love my kids, but other peoples ... not so much. :D
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 3:54 AM on Jun. 19, 2011

• all children are different. Some children just like to be home with family and that's okay.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 8:54 AM on Jun. 19, 2011

• every child is different just like every adult is different.....dd 15 is very social and out going loves to be with friends, dd 13 is quite enjoys being home and keeping to herself.....that being said she has a lot of friends she txts and hangs with at school ......heck i'm anti social when comes to people over .....i want people to call me before they came over and unless we are have a bbq/party or social event i dont have friends over that much.....but when i'm out i'm very social.....
    cara124

Answer by cara124 at 9:43 AM on Jun. 19, 2011