To you what truly defines what is a good parent?

So what do you think defines a good parent...

ljmommy1211

Asked by ljmommy1211 at 3:39 AM on Jun. 19, 2011 in General Parenting

• Love
    Sarah961

Answer by Sarah961 at 3:47 AM on Jun. 19, 2011

• Love your child. Protect them from harm, but help them experience life. Encourage them to grow and learn. Provide for them and be there when they need you, and sometimes even when they don't. Always let them know they're loved. Teach them morals and ethics, and to love in return.

Sometimes you can't always do everything right, but as long as you show them love and do your best, then you're a damn good parent.
    Tommyskitty

Answer by Tommyskitty at 3:51 AM on Jun. 19, 2011

• Being there physically, emotionally and spirtually.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 8:38 AM on Jun. 19, 2011

• what i thing is .... you may not be perfect + you may don't do a lot of things right but when YOU look at your beautiful amazing children you know at least you have done things ''absolutely perfectly'' ... no rules no things could make you best parent .. spending time with them IS THE BEST THING ... have a great day ;)
    caramelH

Answer by caramelH at 3:47 AM on Jun. 19, 2011

• Being a good parent, to me, is to do my best to love and protect my kids, keep them healthy, physically and emotionally, but also to raise them with open minds, keep and nurture their natural curiosity, and expose them to as much philosophy as they feel inclined to explore.
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 3:50 AM on Jun. 19, 2011

• Someone who puts their child before anything. Someone who will try to give their child the world even though money maybe tight. Someone who has rules but can also be a best friend
    goobersmom713

Answer by goobersmom713 at 5:04 AM on Jun. 19, 2011

• how much they care. you show your love by caring about their health, happiness, & future.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 9:19 AM on Jun. 19, 2011

• by showing a child how much thier loved even when you have to be the bad guy......
    cara124

Answer by cara124 at 9:35 AM on Jun. 19, 2011

• Being there for them for everything the need. That doesn't mean want, that means need. Teaching them to become responsible and respectable young men or women. Teaching them the morals and values of your family. Making sure you research EVERYTHING that goes into their bodies or their minds and decide if it's a good fit for your child. That means every medication, immunization, teaching, everything. Understanding that YOU are the expert over your child. No doctor, psychologist, child "expert" or teacher knows more about you or what each of your children need (all children are different even in the same family).
    attap5

Answer by attap5 at 10:08 AM on Jun. 19, 2011

• Mine is to show your child\children you love them , be involved in their life, take care of your kids ,teach them right from wrong, always put your kid 1st, and try to not put them in any danger, and the reason I say keep them away from danger is because I know people who will not even put their children in a seat belt much less a car seat, get in the car and ride with people who shouldn't be driving for whatever reason, drive intoxicated, etc.. that to me doesn't show you love you child, oh and play with your children read them a book or two, dig in the dirt \sand, play dress up, children want their parents in their life it isn't about what you can or can't buy them but what you do with them and being there for them, my girls play sports all year and it breaks their heart if myself or dh has to miss one game,I know parents who work themselves to death (when they really don't have to) and never see their children play at all.
    momto4girzls

Answer by momto4girzls at 11:42 AM on Jun. 19, 2011