Do you go to the doctor like you should?

I have epilepsey and see my neurologist yearly or as needed but I dont follow up with other MD's.

RobinChristine

Asked by RobinChristine at 4:03 AM on Jun. 19, 2011 in Health

• im not seriouse doing that too + i hate Doctor's smel lolll
    caramelH

Answer by caramelH at 4:05 AM on Jun. 19, 2011

• For the past 5 yrs I have put myself and my health last... this year since I finally have good insurance (and I am paying for it!) and I had a few health concerns I decided it was time to put ME first and take MY health seriously. I have had "the works" done since April-- saw the ob/gyn for my female exam, saw my general doctor for a physical, had bloodwork done, had a mammogram, had a heart test done, met with a dietician, and started on a weight loss program and started a few new meds. So far I have lost almost 30 pounds and I see my doctor again for a follow up and another blood draw in August. Now that I started on my 'health kick' I do intend to keep up with it and go in for check-ups when I am supposed to, and not put it off again.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 4:16 AM on Jun. 19, 2011

• MizLee,congrats on the weight loss. Maybe I need to put me 1st!
    RobinChristine

Comment by RobinChristine (original poster) at 4:35 AM on Jun. 19, 2011

• I go to my yearly checkup and thats it. Unless I am really sick or something is seriously wrong...which rarely EVER happens.
    ILoveCade

Answer by ILoveCade at 4:46 AM on Jun. 19, 2011

• I go to the doctor whenever I need to and I have an annual physical.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 6:14 AM on Jun. 19, 2011

• I used to until my DD got sick and since then it has been all about her. She has a grand mal seizure in August of 2010 and was in a medically induced coma for 11 days. Since then we have seen many doctors and specialist. They still don't know what is wrong with her although she has been seizure free for 6 months. Since I also have 2 other children to take to doctors appointments and sporting events and such I have really lacked on going to the doctor for me or taking care of myself. I really need to start though because I have gained weight and my blood pressure is a little high right now.

Good Luck and thanks for asking!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 8:14 AM on Jun. 19, 2011

• I get all the suggested yearly exams. I also go when I'm sick for more than 2 weeks, sometimes sooner depending if the ailment is painful.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 8:34 AM on Jun. 19, 2011

• I make sure I go for my annual. I try to go every year for a routine physical. Dentist every 6 months.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 8:44 AM on Jun. 19, 2011

• I don't use modern medicine unless absolutely necessary, as in an injury that cannot be taken care of at home. Since not going for "well visits" all the time, my family has become much healthier. We put no chemical medications, immunizations or such into our bodies and we are a lot healthier for it. My daughter is 8 and has been sick with a stomach flu twice in her life. Not even a "normal" ear infection or anything. We use herbs when we are ill, which is very infrequently. I used to work for a doctor and I know the other sides of it and why you "need" a well visit. Or rather why THEY need you to have a well visit.
    attap5

Answer by attap5 at 10:33 AM on Jun. 19, 2011

• I do have to make a papsmear app in thenext couple months
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 12:35 PM on Jun. 19, 2011