Should I leave for a while? Bible Study Groups(BSG)(posted in relationship& religion)

I was offered a job with flex schedule,I am in two BSG both on Tues. If I opt out of one and still work I will go all day w/out seeing my guys. (DH,DS). Not working one is in the AM the other in PM. I am getting the feeling this is my season to be out of groups,my DH is OK with me going but I feel as if I am neglecting them for the day.

RobinChristine

Asked by RobinChristine at 4:14 AM on Jun. 19, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• You have to do what is best for you and your family. Women think that they can have it all by having children and a career, but this is the exact reason that they can't. Something or someone suffers. There just isn't enough time in a day to have it all, it has nothing to do with the mother or how hard she works at trying to put it all together, it's just time that isn't there. If it's just a day, maybe DH needs that time with the children. I am very much into SAHMs however, there is nothing wrong with a father having his time too. Think of it as dad taking the kids every week for a day and doing something special with them while you stayed home. It just might strengthen the bond between them.
    attap5

Answer by attap5 at 10:15 AM on Jun. 19, 2011

• You have to have "your time" in order to take care of everyone else. I think a day or two a week isn't being selfish at all. If this is something that you really want, then go for it.
    RelaxedMom2-3

Answer by RelaxedMom2-3 at 10:42 AM on Jun. 19, 2011

• I think that every mom (and dad) needs personal time with other people, and that you should take it. One day isn't going to hurt, and it can provide the gentlemen some bonding time without you to go "guy stuff".
    thalassa

Answer by thalassa at 7:35 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• what thalassa said.
    popzaroo

Answer by popzaroo at 12:55 AM on Jun. 20, 2011

• It sounds trite to say pray about it, but that's my advice.

If you do need the Bible Study, and it is beneficial to you, and your husband and son are on board, go for it! And when you do, don't feel bad about it, but know that taking care of you is a way of taking care of them.

Or you might find that right now what you really need is that family time. Make sure you set up other times to talk to Bible study partners for a coffee or a phone chat - for socialization and for spiritual accountability you'll miss from Bible study. But if you do decide to take a season off, don't feel bad about that, either.

To everything there is a season and a time to every purpose under Heaven. A time to study and a time to practice. A time to be fed and a time to feed. (Ok, that's not verbatim from Ecclesiastes 3, but it fits! :-) )
    KateDinVA

Answer by KateDinVA at 12:24 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• only you have the answer to that and i know you know that
    lizzybee44

Answer by lizzybee44 at 12:28 AM on Jun. 26, 2011