Lower left abdominal pain... please help

I had a c-section May 23. The past two days I have had this constant pain in my lower left abdomen. It's progressively gotten worse and actually seems to be spreading towards the middle of my abdomen now. The pain is pretty bad-- on a scale of 1 to 10, it'd probably be an 8 right now. If I sneeze or move certain ways, its a 9 or maybe a 10. Any ideas on what could be wrong? I have no idea if this is normal and I don't see my doctor until the 8th of July.

tiffanynichols

Asked by tiffanynichols at 4:27 AM on Jun. 19, 2011 in Health

• Call the doc and ask to move up the date to asap. It could be that you're infected, or maybe you just pulled the muscles the wrong way and it needs to re-heal. Or it could be something else entirely. Either way, you're in pain and that needs to be looked into.
    Tommyskitty

Answer by Tommyskitty at 5:08 AM on Jun. 19, 2011

• I would make an earlier appt, or go to the ER. it's not something to mess with. My friend had a csection and ended up with a terrible infection and had to have her uterus and ovaries removed because of it. Don't wait, get in to the dr. It's better to be safe than sorry.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 5:49 AM on Jun. 19, 2011

• Go to the E.R. could be something from the surgery is not right.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 8:22 AM on Jun. 19, 2011

• I'd call the doctor and tell them you need to be seen asap. Or go the emergency room.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 8:29 AM on Jun. 19, 2011

• Also it could be totally unrelated to the c-section. My relative with this location of pain had diverticulitis. Call and get it checked out. GL
    whitepeppers

Answer by whitepeppers at 9:09 AM on Jun. 19, 2011

• might be an infection or scar tissue which can be very painful as well. I would go see you doctor very soon.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 2:12 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• Sounds like infection. Could be from the section and also could be your intestines or your ovary. Get checked asap.
    DDWay

Answer by DDWay at 5:31 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• If you can get in tomorrow wait. If you can't deal with the pain go to the ER. You want to catch it while it is small. If it is an infection you don't want to wait and have it get worse and be hospitalized. Good luck. Will pray for you.
    SweetPea726

Answer by SweetPea726 at 1:14 AM on Jun. 20, 2011