Seriously?!?

Major vent!!!! My df seriously let my ss watch cartoons at 330 in the morning. He whines a lot already and it bothers my df wen he whines what does he honestly think is going to happen today? I'm super pissed because its going to be a bad day between ss whining and getting in trouble because of whining. For crying out loud I came out to feed the baby and he was laying on the stairs so I told him to go back to his bed but NO his father told him he could watch cartoons last night. So he started crying Grrr.

goobersmom713

Asked by goobersmom713 at 5:02 AM on Jun. 19, 2011 in General Parenting

• This will be a challenging relationship, hope you are up to it, seriously!?!
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 8:27 AM on Jun. 19, 2011

• You two adults need to discuss and agree on what is and is not allowed. That little one is going to grow up totally confused and even more whiny if you two disagree on the 'rules'. Plus make sure the little guy is getting plenty of praise when he does things right and has one on one time with each of you. It can go a long way to help stop the whining. GL
    whitepeppers

Answer by whitepeppers at 9:03 AM on Jun. 19, 2011

• I have turned on cartoons in the middle of the night once or twice. What is the big deal?
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 9:22 AM on Jun. 19, 2011

• My son is 4 and gets up in the night. We moved a t.v. in his room and there are a few DVDs that he has that will autorepeat. If the TV keeps the kid quiet during the night, I don't really see the big deal.
    2LittleLoves

Answer by 2LittleLoves at 9:56 AM on Jun. 19, 2011

• My 6 yr old woke up at 5am and climbed in bed with us and asked for cartoons. I dont see a huge problem. Talk though about what rules you want. If they cant be some compromise itll never work.

Answer by gemgem at 9:56 AM on Jun. 19, 2011

• This is not a ss issue but a partner issue. There are bigger things than a tired child who whines. Communicate your frustrations, listen to your partner's thoughts, and come to an agreement. Some moms say television at night is no big deal and others will disagree. It doesn't make anyone right or wrong. My personal prefrence is no television in a room or more than one episode per day for my son who is four. If he wakes up, I put him back to bed, rub his back, sing a soft song, and provide comfort. It doesn't take too long and he realizes I am there for him. Decide together what you want to do and plan it out. Example: he sees television as no big deal that early in the morning then have your partner be the one to provide care and redirection for a cranky tired kid.
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 12:10 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• Honestly...I think you're over reacting. It's Father's Day, try not to make too big of a deal out of it.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 1:09 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• Don't yell at the kid, yell at the idiot dad who creates the situation with the whining and then gets angry with the child over it!
    Anonymous

• U may think I'm over reacting but that's you the big deal of tv at 330 is he was asleep on the stairs before he got to watch cartoons. Yes it is one thing when they have a tv in their room they aren't roaming the house waking all the other kids up.

I have 3 other kids that I have to consdier. And it's also one thing to ask and not demand.

He has a tv in his room but refused to go lay in his bed to watch cartoons he had to be in the living room. Then he decides he needs to jump around waking the other 3 up at 330 or 4.

Yes I may be stricter about the tv issue but I personally think a 5 year old should not b e allowed to demand cartoons at 330 in the morning.
    goobersmom713

Comment by goobersmom713 (original poster) at 1:32 PM on Jun. 19, 2011