How can you tell or find out if a man has had a vasectomy?

My man says he can have kids and wants them. We have been doing things almost every day and he says he is not worried. He is 34 with no kids and i know he has been with other women before me. He claims he has used protection in the past. How can i find out if he has been fixed or not. P.s. he moved me in with him but doesn't cuddle or give me affection other than the deed.

sandy630

Asked by sandy630 at 7:32 AM on Jun. 19, 2011 in Relationships

• There really isn't any way to tell without seeing medical records that indicate having had a vasectomy. I think if you're trying to figure out whether or not he's had a vasectomy when he's telling you he can have kids...sounds to me like the relationship might not be too solid, and he might not be too honest.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 7:39 AM on Jun. 19, 2011

• There is probably no way for you to know. I don't believe there are any scars or anything following the surgery.

I would suggest instead of trying for a child, look into reasons why you aren't trusting him being honest with you.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 7:44 AM on Jun. 19, 2011

• I agree with Wendy, I just saw your other post and you miscarried in Feb. Was that his baby? If so, I'd say unless you think he got one since then all his stuff it working. I thought you were supposed to wait 6 months after a miscarriage to try for a baby.I really think you need to re-evaluate this relationship before continuing to try for a baby.
    camiam81

Answer by camiam81 at 7:47 AM on Jun. 19, 2011

• My husband has a tiny scar from where he was cut. That's it. But that isn't enough to say for sure or not that your man has had one.
    alboston

Answer by alboston at 7:48 AM on Jun. 19, 2011

• There r other reasons why a man can't get his woman pregnant besides a vasectomy. Like low sperm count,A childhood injury to the area,those things will make a man incapable of having kids. There is adoption. I hope u r not going to dump him if he can't have kids,that would be plain mean!!! It would also prove u did not really love him.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 7:52 AM on Jun. 19, 2011

• Well you are going to need a microscope, slide, slide cover, and pipette....... :)
    HollyBoBolly

Answer by HollyBoBolly at 7:55 AM on Jun. 19, 2011

• I see the big red flag of TRUST here. If you want kids you should end this relationship and find someone who you do believe can give you children.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 8:18 AM on Jun. 19, 2011

• There is no way you should be thinking of having children with this man. You do not trust him and he does not give you what you want or expect. It would be a travesty to bring children into this relationship.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 8:23 AM on Jun. 19, 2011

• ask him, theres no other way
    notjstasocermom

Answer by notjstasocermom at 10:15 AM on Jun. 19, 2011

• his balls may have an occasional yellow tint from jaundice. it's hard to tell in incandescent light, though.
    sherlokke

Answer by sherlokke at 12:25 PM on Jun. 19, 2011