How long did episiotomy pain last? TMI adult content

I had DD almost 5 years ago. After 6 weeks, I was still having pain sitting. 3 months later I still had that pain and the doctor gave me a steriod cream that worked immediately. Her father and I split up during this time, so I only had sex like twice and it was very painful. After a year I had a boyfriend and we started having sex. It was only painful if it took more than 15 minutes or 2 days in a row. This never changed, because of our work schedules and this we only had sex once a week. All along the doctor said it was healed. We ended up breaking up and I'm in a new relationship. We only see each other once a month. We would have sex 2 or 3 times in a weekend, after that I'd hurt for 3 or 4 days. I saw a different doctor who just said it was normal and I needed to use a lubricant. We've been together a year and the last couple of weekends we've been together, it hasn't hurt at all. Can it really take 5 years to heal?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:02 AM on Jun. 19, 2011 in Health

• I was cut to "teach a lesson" to me- it was a completely unnecessary episiotomy, which resulted in a 4th degree tear. It took months to properly heal. I have so much scar tissue it isn't even funny. The first 3 or so years, even the thought of sex was excruciatingly painful. Now, 10 years and 2 more kids later, if we go at it without enough lube, or in the wrong position, it still hurts.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 8:31 AM on Jun. 19, 2011

• I had an episiotomy so there would not be a tear. If you tear,it takes a lot longer to heal. I think it took about 10 days for the pain to go away each time I delivered. . I think you need to see a Doctor who will get to the real problem which I doubt is the episiotomy.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 10:50 AM on Jun. 19, 2011