Everything is gone. What do I do?

DS knocked my Samsung Vibrant off the desk. It shut itself off. I turned it back on and it said Process system is not responding and gave me the option to force close or wait. I cllicked wait. Now the only thing I have is my contacts, my text messages, and my wallpaper is still the same. None of my apps are on the screen and when I go into the app menu, it's empty. AAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

Vix920

Asked by Vix920 at 8:08 AM on Jun. 19, 2011 in Technology

• I have no idea what kind of phone you have. But I will tell you what do I do with mine when is not "responding" or is "malfunctioning". l proceed to remove the rechargeable battery and after 3 seconds place it back again. This will force you phone to retrieve any information. Also If you want to make sure if any data has been lost connect your phone to your computer and start looking for files. The problem with my phone is that it has a temporary memory and a permanent memory so it is a good idea to use the memory space from the permanent memory when downloading applications in your phone so they won't get lost when malfunctioning.
    I know it is tedious. But you can always download the applications again.
    Cafemomoftwo217

Answer by Cafemomoftwo217 at 8:39 AM on Jun. 19, 2011

• I would take it to your cell phone provider's store and see if they can tell you what is going on.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 8:44 AM on Jun. 19, 2011

• Any time I have questions about my cell phone I take it into Target. They have a guy in the phone lane at our Target that isn't an Target employee, but works for one of the phone company's. If you don't have that I would just call the company and see if they can help.
    LadyKiki

Answer by LadyKiki at 8:13 AM on Jun. 19, 2011

• A phone...? Call your cell phone company?
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 8:14 AM on Jun. 19, 2011

• Who is your cell phone provider.
    momoftaterbug

Answer by momoftaterbug at 10:03 AM on Jun. 19, 2011