Lice!!! Help!!! What are some home remedies for getting rid of it? Ones that act fast!

My daughter is 5 and she has contacted lice somehow. I have a few ideas from where, but not a 100% sure. So far, I have blacked bagged toys, blankets, ect. I've put white vinager over her head, along with that Listerine mouthwash. Right now, I have shorting on her hair and it's wrapped up in a plastic bag. I have things black bagged up and tied up until I can get to the laundry mat to wash everything. I've cleaned her bed, my bed, the carpets, ect. What else can I do to get rid of it???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:17 PM on Jul. 12, 2008 in General Parenting

• Sweetie, I grew up in a bad enviorment as a child, and everyother weekend i would endup with lice... the only thing that my cargiver found to work was a thick layer of patrolum jelly on my head then wrapped with a plastic bag or wrap. left on for 12 to 24 hours.plastic and rubber toys ned to be bleached in hot hot water and use color safe bleach and hot water on the soft toys that can be washed. and if it cannot be washed you may have to get rid of that itmn. make sure to sanitiz the beds with hot bleach water too.... i hope that this helps you some...good luck and god bless
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:47 AM on Jul. 13, 2008

• At your local pharmacy are many good products to get rid of them and they work in 1 treatment. I know of NO home remedy that would work. RIT is a good one. Ask the pharmicist for the best one.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 12:37 PM on Jul. 12, 2008

• good luck getting that shortning out of her hair. my 4yr old had a summer of lice i chaulked it up to a plague that God sent on me for not doing something and then my cousin told me to color her hair(daughter) so i did(semi perm) and havent had a bug since. i also pryed alot
    shannon401

Answer by shannon401 at 1:09 PM on Jul. 12, 2008

• they also have lice sprays for your furniture/carpets (NOT TO USE ON PEOPLE) good luck
    Anonymous

• Go to your local health food store or the ointment aisle at walmart and look for some tea tree oil...never failed when i had lice as a kid(4times). Just mix a lot in some shampoo in your hand,mix it and rub it all over her head. leave it on for about 5mins. It has a very strong aroma so keep the bathroom door open!
    Jessimica

Answer by Jessimica at 10:58 PM on Jul. 12, 2008

• Taking it to the laundymat will also be unhealthy. Think of all the people that could be affected.Clean them at home with your stuff, and keep it contained to a smaller area than a laundry mat.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:03 AM on Jul. 13, 2008