Is being married better than living together?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:05 PM on Dec. 12, 2008 in Just for Fun

• I feel a security in marriage that living together wouldn't give me. At least in marriage you try to make things work. If you live together you, or he, can just up and leave and no complications. Of course bringing children into the world presents complications whether you are married or not. I like to think that if people have children together that they should be married because of the greater chance of stability. When living together, it is OK to look around. In marriage, it is not OK. Marriage means a firm committment.

Answer by Bmat at 7:11 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• im not sure what your asking but if your married your going to be living together. Do you mean does it get easier when your married to live together? no not really lol they are still a pain in your butt and they still do things that annoy you.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 7:06 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• It is better to be married. If the marriage fails you take half. Don't live together get married and sock it to him if he screws you over.
    Anonymous

• yes!
    Lynette

Answer by Lynette at 7:10 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• Married is better. I agree with Brmat on the security issue with a marriage. It is more difficult to walk away if you are married. Evenso, people still do walk away.
    Tetona

Answer by Tetona at 7:14 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• I think its importent to live together befor getting married you may learn things about each other you cant stand. Never get married just becuz you think its worng to live together first we dont live in the old days. many people live together and never get married. you do what works for you.
    Anonymous

• Yes. When you're married and are presented with obstacles, you tend to try to work it out more than if it were just a bf/gf relationship. I can honestly say that if I were not married to my hubby and we did not have kids, I would have broken up with him already. Yet I am so happy that I did not leave him so just being "married" has helped us stay together. I love him so much but I know that there are times when those really big fights can split people up. Somehow being married makes it seem as though we are more committed to each other. It's no longer a dating game, we're done.
    sweetvietchic

Answer by sweetvietchic at 7:27 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• Absolutely!
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 7:44 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• I have more security with my live in BF than I ever did in my marriage of 10 years. It is all in who the person is and if they are right for you. I can't tell you how many times me and my XH walked out on each other, fought(verbal and physical) how many times he cheated on me and all the other things he did and ways he made me feel bad but I can tell you my BF and I have had one real fight that doesn't even qualify as a fight, have always worked out our problems with rationale and have never walked out on each other. Being legally married doesn't make things better if they are not good before you get married and security sure doesn't come with a piece of paper saying your legally bound.
    Geminus

Answer by Geminus at 7:52 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• Married is wonderful if you are very committed to staying married. Nothing else even compares!
    TeaAnderson

Answer by TeaAnderson at 8:01 PM on Dec. 12, 2008