Ohh no! i was defrosting/marinating chicken and left it out over night! is it still good or should i redo it?

i fell asleep on the couch lastnight after a long day and left the chicken out!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:25 AM on Jun. 19, 2011 in Food & Drink

• was it frozen solid when you set it out? Was it still cold this am? How warm/cool do you keep the house??
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 9:27 AM on Jun. 19, 2011

• If you were marinating it, it should still be good. Smell it, you will know if it is bad. This goes for all meat, but chicken especially. I've done this myself, I put the things in the microwave so the animals don't steal it off the counter and forget to transfer it to the fridge. Only once did I have to throw something out.
    attap5

Answer by attap5 at 9:29 AM on Jun. 19, 2011

• the house was cool. it was frozen and was defrosting. it was still frozen in the middle ( chicken breast) when i threw in the marinade. it was still a lil chill when i saw it this morning..but not cold cold. :(
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:29 AM on Jun. 19, 2011

• If it is still slightly frozen it is ok.

Answer by louise2 at 9:31 AM on Jun. 19, 2011

• I would give it a smell. if there was a good amount of vinegar in the marinade you may be okay...
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 9:32 AM on Jun. 19, 2011

• it wasent slightly frozen this morning....it was thawed out by this time. i cant beleave i did this!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:33 AM on Jun. 19, 2011

• Was it room temp or still a little cold? If it was cold it is probably fine. If it was room temperature I would throw it out. I did that once too.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 9:37 AM on Jun. 19, 2011

• I would say probably not.
    2LittleLoves

Answer by 2LittleLoves at 9:52 AM on Jun. 19, 2011

• it should've been in the fridge. Chicken is one of them iffy birds. It can get salmonella. Cooking to a certain temp can prevent that and the marinara could prevent it...iffy
    Cenedra64

Answer by Cenedra64 at 9:54 AM on Jun. 19, 2011

• I would say, better safe than sorry! It's cheaper to buy more chicken than have the whole family treated for a stomach bug! Sorry mama! I left a jar of Marie's blue cheese dressing on the kitchen table Friday night, and I threw it in the trash yesterday morning. That's $3 down the toilet!! Lesson learned I guess!
    dwmom2008

Answer by dwmom2008 at 9:58 AM on Jun. 19, 2011