For those following Casey Anthony's trial what do you think of her defense?

I think its pretty shoddy. But I do fear she will have a mistrial, hung jury or be granted a new trial because the judge seems to favor the state.

Asked by gemgem at 10:02 AM on Jun. 19, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• Her lawyer is a tool. I'm guessing she will be found guilty, but not of capital murder. That's just my opinion.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 11:10 AM on Jun. 19, 2011

• Originally, I wasn't watching, but I got sucked back in!! I don't think that the judge should have allowed that "animation" of the skull, it was prejudicial. I think that Baez is a joke, but Perry seems to be handling him well. He tried to sneak in that testimony by Rodriguez, co-founder of the body farm, stuff that obviously wasn't on the preliminary report, and got shut down pretty fast. That happened yesterday, and they show it on the local news here in Orlando, so not sure if everyone saw that. I am so glad that they are holding proceedings on Saturdays, at least we are getting our money's worth. If I have to be paying for all this nonsense I want it over with as soon as possible!

But no matter what, mistrial, hung jury, etc. Casey is going to sit in jail during the whole process, so that is satisfying to me at least!
    dwmom2008

Answer by dwmom2008 at 10:16 AM on Jun. 19, 2011

• I don't think this will be the end. I think something else is going to keep from a decision like you said. Everyone knows the defense is pretty ridiculous...I think THEY even know their defense is crappy so they will find something to keep this trial going.
    CassiRae3

Answer by CassiRae3 at 10:17 AM on Jun. 19, 2011

• all comes to TV show now and not the case which should be treated
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:21 AM on Jun. 19, 2011

• Hopefully it wont end in a mistrial but I believe it will
    kellylong78

Answer by kellylong78 at 10:22 AM on Jun. 19, 2011

• The defense is a joke. *I* could do a better job, and that is saying something, considering I have severe anxiety and sound like an idiot when I have to talk in front of people. lol I don't think it's going to end in a mistrial- Judge Perry is doing a pretty good job of staying on top of things. I don't really see any favoritism, so to speak, for the state, just that they are more experienced lawyers and know what they are doing. Baez is such an ass, too. I'd have held him in contempt long ago with the way he keeps acting, rolling his eyes and acting like a kid arguing with his parents.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 10:41 AM on Jun. 19, 2011