Auto insurance and no car

Is there any point in having AAA insurnance when you dont have a car? I saw a great one year deal but was like what is the point since I don't drive right now?

Jazmineamomma

Asked by Jazmineamomma at 10:12 AM on Jun. 19, 2011 in Money & Work

• If you will EVER be behind the wheel of a car - you need insurance even if you don't own a car.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:17 AM on Jun. 19, 2011

• true true true (I've owned cars before so i know that lol) but should I even get this protection plan while trying to save for a car?
    Jazmineamomma

Comment by Jazmineamomma (original poster) at 10:20 AM on Jun. 19, 2011

• ummm?? that seems kind of like a blonde question
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:21 AM on Jun. 19, 2011

• Maybe you can save for the down payment and when you find a car then get it. Otherwise I think you should save your money for a car. I think AAA gives benefits for travel and all kinds of stuff just by being a member doesn't it?
    Momforhealth

Answer by Momforhealth at 10:35 AM on Jun. 19, 2011

• yeah its not the auto inrance it is mre like the protection plan....like roadside asst, fuel if you run out, stuff like that.
    Jazmineamomma

Comment by Jazmineamomma (original poster) at 10:38 AM on Jun. 19, 2011

• You can’t auto insurance part until you have a vehicle.

Now you can get regular AAA membership for travel; discount tickets …etc. and you don’t have to have a vehicle to purchase that.
    musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 10:40 AM on Jun. 19, 2011

• Personally - unless you travel a lot and need the AAA discounts - it makes no sense to get a AAA plan.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 10:45 AM on Jun. 19, 2011

• If you don't own a vehicle but still drive, you need non-owners insurance.
    I wouldn't bother with AAA road side assistance, but that's me.
    Candi1024

Answer by Candi1024 at 10:46 AM on Jun. 19, 2011

• We parked our car one summer and had an offer for road side coverage insurance from Allstate (similar to AAA right?) they said they'd cover us even if we were in someone else's car. So maybe there is a point in buying it. We personally said no though.
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 10:47 AM on Jun. 19, 2011

• If you live with someone or is always with someone who drives and their car needs a tow or they lock their keys in their car, your AAA account can be used to help them. Other then that, I wouldn't purchase it until you get a car.
    Lakazmommi3

Answer by Lakazmommi3 at 5:04 AM on Jun. 25, 2011