Would you ask your neighbor to put your trash bin away for you?

I'm leaving town tomorrow. I want to make sure my trash is picked up tomorrow so before I leave I'm setting the bin at the curb. Would it be weird to ask my next door neighbor (who I don't really know) if he could replace it in my back yard after trash collection, since I'll be out of town for a couple of weeks?

benjamink

Asked by benjamink at 10:17 AM on Jun. 19, 2011 in Home & Garden

• Totally ok to ask. If you feel awkward asking maybe go over with something baked (or bought) as a little gift when you go to ask.

skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 10:20 AM on Jun. 19, 2011

• I actually became good friends with my neighbor because I asked for a quick favor! Could open up a new friendship :o)
    CassiRae3

Answer by CassiRae3 at 10:21 AM on Jun. 19, 2011

• I would ask. We have great neighbours and are on good terms with all of them so it's not a hassle for us so a little different situation but still worth asking.
    Nonoluna

Answer by Nonoluna at 10:36 AM on Jun. 19, 2011

• I always look at these kind of things with a 'What's the worst that could happen' attitude. In other words, if the worst thing that could happen would be the neighbors saying no, then go for it! No never killed anyone :)
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 10:44 AM on Jun. 19, 2011

• I would ask and then bring them a little token from your trip for helping.
    attap5

Answer by attap5 at 10:45 AM on Jun. 19, 2011

• I've had our neighbors do that for us before...and we've also done it for them. Totally ok - hopefully your neighbors are pleasant people?
    Pollymom

Answer by Pollymom at 10:45 AM on Jun. 19, 2011

• I think it is fine to ask. I don't know one of my neighbors that well, but if he asked me to do something like that, I definitely would. It is a quick, easy, understandable favor to ask.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 11:04 AM on Jun. 19, 2011

• Sure I think its okay to ask
    Brandi300

Answer by Brandi300 at 11:14 AM on Jun. 19, 2011

• It is OK to ask, and you will get to know your neighbors a little more, to boot :)
    beckie66

Answer by beckie66 at 11:19 AM on Jun. 19, 2011

• you can, or a close friend..
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:26 AM on Jun. 19, 2011