Is anyone concerned with the sibbling jealous issue?

I have a ten year old son , who has been my complete life, I am now 7 weeks pregnant, and I have heard him ask my sister and mom, Your not going to love the baby more than me right. I didnt bump into the conversation, however I did listen and wonder how do you introduce the little one as something to love not be jealous over. Any suggestions or any stories will help. thanks so much Kelly

kellylong78

Asked by kellylong78 at 10:20 AM on Jun. 19, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I would keep reminding him that you never run out of love! Tell him how much you'll need his help, and how he gets to be the oldest now! Maybe give him some cool new responsibility or privilege like getting to stay up a little bit later or something. When baby is here he will see it's not really the way he scared of!
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 10:27 AM on Jun. 19, 2011

• explane to him that he will be the angel who will protect the bby and all things like that ... he'll luv be a Hero ;) good luck
    caramelH

Answer by caramelH at 10:42 AM on Jun. 19, 2011

• my dd is 3 and im almst 20weeks now, im taking her to a siblings class that teaches them whats goin on with mommy right now. im trying to include her in this as much as poss with her being 3...she says shes excited and wants a sister..i would sit down with ur son and tell him that just bc there will b another baby here doesnt mean that there will be any less love for him or attention..i like the idea that musicmom80 said give him new privileges and spend plenty of time with him b4 the baby is here...good luck
    rachel216

Answer by rachel216 at 10:51 AM on Jun. 19, 2011

• I think you should sit down with your mom and sister and son and explain how YOUR mom had (either your or sister first) and then had the other, and their love didn't change.. and example of how love stayed unconditional may be a great way to show by example
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:25 AM on Jun. 19, 2011

• my oldest was never jealous of his brother they are 5 years apart and we prepared him for what was going to happen when the baby was born and came home; he was actually very happy and very helpful they are now 9 and 4 and they fight like any other siblings but at night they hug and go to bed happy
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 7:55 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• Thanks so much everyone! I did explain to him that my love was something he could never lose and if he felt like he was losing it let me know and I would def help him find it, he liked that idea, and I explained to him that a family is love, and thats the bond that binds us , and he would have someone looking up to him and trusting him, he really did think it was cool to have someone looking up to him,
    kellylong78

Comment by kellylong78 (original poster) at 2:26 PM on Jun. 27, 2011