My baby is 6 months old today an started rice cereal around 4 months. I was wondering when/if hes ready for baby food?

LilHippie26

Asked by LilHippie26 at 10:25 AM on Jun. 19, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Does he have teeth? He can be started on peaches,bananas,pudding,allbaby food!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 10:27 AM on Jun. 19, 2011

• He has two lol
    LilHippie26

Comment by LilHippie26 (original poster) at 10:31 AM on Jun. 19, 2011

• He can start on fruits and veggies now - introduce one at a time and don't be concerned if it's not a hit right away.
    Nonoluna

Answer by Nonoluna at 10:34 AM on Jun. 19, 2011

• Cereal IS baby food. You can move on to other varieties or mushed up/cut up table foods if you want to and if you feel he is ready.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 10:35 AM on Jun. 19, 2011

• I gave all of mine real food from the get go, no problems like the swear there will be. I have 4. Anyway, they best way to do it is 1 food at a time a couple of days apart to make sure there are no allergies. And I suggest getting one of those grinders or using a blender to puree. The baby food tastes nasty. It's also WAY cheaper than buying the jar food.
    attap5

Answer by attap5 at 10:40 AM on Jun. 19, 2011

• I would do baby foodsfirst..
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:24 AM on Jun. 19, 2011

• yea hun give ur baby food lol just start slow and give ur baby vegs first before fruit. cause i gave my son vegs for 2 months b 4 i gave him fruit and he will pick vegs b 4 junk food. my sis gave her baby fruit b 4 vegs and she will not eat vegs for anythng all she wants is junk food.
    MommyAngel143

Answer by MommyAngel143 at 11:33 AM on Jun. 19, 2011

MommyAngel143

Answer by MommyAngel143 at 11:34 AM on Jun. 19, 2011

• You don't have to do veggies before fruit. It's an old wives tale. Sure there are babies who were given fruit first who don't like veggies, but there are also babies that were given veggies first who don't like veggies. Breastmilk is very sweet, and my kids both eat most veggies, and also love most fruits.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 11:55 AM on Jun. 19, 2011

• Just go with the babyfood it is made for that. They have veggies also in baby food. Alot of babies don't like the veggies and they smell nasty too! I gave my son the foods I listed above in my first post and he really loves veggies. I also gave him mashed potatoes. He loved those!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 1:20 PM on Jun. 19, 2011