Why would my period last this long? :(

for the past two months my periods have lasted two weeks. ( its very unusual they r usually always on time and heavy but dont last more than a week) this month my period had started a week early n was a lot lighter than usual n i was happy about that,--- well i guess i jinxed myself because it ended upp lasting for two n the second week was very heavy. So i had a period that lasted from june 6- june-17 which was way too long.. i have a drs appointment scheduled but its not for a few days.. I jus want sum ideas of wat could be goin on for:
1) i had the reeally light/heavy long period,
2) now that my period is over im still gettin really bad cramps
3) i feel dizzy and often like im going to pass out and im just tired all the time
4) my appetite is really messed up i really dont want to eat nething but cereal n most the time im not actually hungry. The thought of sum foods makes me feel nauseous
5) I took a preg test right wen the light bleeding started a week early and it was negative

does anybody have sum ideas i kinda wanna get my mind at ease before i cn get to dr.
PS: last night i almost went to ER because i was cramping n jus felt like S***!
plz n thnx

Babbycakes

Asked by Babbycakes at 10:27 AM on Jun. 19, 2011 in Health

• Possibly STD or infection. (sorry...yucky word) Go to the Dr. and get checked out.
    How old are you? Depends on your age but it could be pre-menopause too.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:39 AM on Jun. 19, 2011

• Non-cancerous ovarian cyst. Get thee some progesterone and you'll be okey dokey again. It happens to 95% of us at one point or another.
    ErikaRobin

Answer by ErikaRobin at 10:40 AM on Jun. 19, 2011

• Endometriosis? Doesn't usually come on suddenly, but it might be worth asking about. Definitely make an appointment with your doc to see what's going on. Good luck!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 10:43 AM on Jun. 19, 2011

• "sum" idea? Shouldn't that be SOME IDEA?And you use "n" instead of AND ,etc. How old are you? I hope you see a Doctor fast and seeing as how I bet you are a teen,I hope you get birth control. It sounds like you have something else going on ,considering all your symptoms.

But get an appointment soon,OK? Good luck.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:46 AM on Jun. 19, 2011

• Ok and ive been tested not too long ago @ the free clinic but didnt mention problems cuz that was before this period this month, but my std tests came back negative so im good there.. And I have made an appointment its jus next week in charlotte and right now im in so much pain i don't know what to do btw im 19 so i better not b goin threw menopause lol
    Babbycakes

Comment by Babbycakes (original poster) at 11:01 AM on Jun. 19, 2011

• I would go to the doctor.
    Aydans_Mommy

Answer by Aydans_Mommy at 12:28 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• your hormone levels shift every 7 years, so maybe your just going through it. id see a dr just to be sure.
    RyansMommie07

Answer by RyansMommie07 at 3:43 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• No I really don't think it would be menopause at your age. Could be endometriosis or a cyst on your ovary. Either way it sounds like your hormones are messed up. Get checked and I hope you feel better.
    DDWay

Answer by DDWay at 5:36 PM on Jun. 19, 2011