Do you think it's fair for single mothers to celebrate father's day?

IMO, I think this is really selfish and women should back off! I've never heard single dads trying to get extra credit on mother's day! This issue is shaping up to be a very hot topic over on Facebook.

JusNikki

Asked by JusNikki at 10:39 AM on Jun. 19, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• Yea, when you're a single mom and you do the job of both the mom and the dad , it's totally fair to celebrate today. What's "not fair" is how some fathers aren't responsible enough to take care of their children, pay child support, show up when they say they will, be a role model......

skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 10:42 AM on Jun. 19, 2011

• You have mothers day - this topic is silly
    shopleslie

Answer by shopleslie at 10:43 AM on Jun. 19, 2011

• I know a guy who plays the role of both mom and dad to his 8 year old son and the "mother" of their child is a dead beat so we all wish him a happy mothers day.
    CassiRae3

Answer by CassiRae3 at 10:51 AM on Jun. 19, 2011

• Nah....I sent my Mom Cards on Father's Day. She worked hard and was a tough wise Mom. He left us and she deserves all the credit in the world. He certainly wasn't there to be a parent.
    Momforhealth

Answer by Momforhealth at 10:41 AM on Jun. 19, 2011

• My mom was the one who taught me how to change a tire and oil in a car. She has been there for me while my dad was smoking crack somewhere. So yes, I celebrate Father's Day with my mom and so do the rest of her 5 kids that she raised BY HERSELF!
    babygirl0782

Answer by babygirl0782 at 10:44 AM on Jun. 19, 2011

• I don't think that mothers are trying to take over it. I think their kids may give them thanks on this day. kwim. For example my mom don't say "Hey remember me on father's day" I just give her something special just because she played the father figure in my life. I was just on fb and a guy said "I want to wish everyone father a Happy Father's day and the women who had the fill the slot"

What I am trying to say is I don't think they are trying to take over this day, but many People do acknowledge them on this day. Do I make sense?
    babygirl0782

Answer by babygirl0782 at 10:48 AM on Jun. 19, 2011

• It is 100% NOT MY BUSINESS. I think they do twice the work and if they want to celebrate twice a year, that is their business.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 10:53 AM on Jun. 19, 2011

• who cares? Doesnt effect me in any way whatsoever
    LizzeeT

Answer by LizzeeT at 10:44 AM on Jun. 19, 2011

• My friend tells his mom happy Father's Day because she was a single mom, and she raised him and his siblings. So, I do think it's fair for single moms to celebrate Father's Day as well - they're doing the role of both parents.
    alf2651

Answer by alf2651 at 10:48 AM on Jun. 19, 2011

• And if there is a man out there who is raising his kids on his own(which I know a few) I am quite sure his kids would recognize him on Mother's Day.
    babygirl0782

Answer by babygirl0782 at 10:50 AM on Jun. 19, 2011