Gold's worth???

if u bought a necklace( gold) years ago, now will u b able 2 get the same amount of $$$ or value???? just bought it for $100 thou=( I was just wondering, if I could at least get the amount back or not & where do u sell Ur old jewelry's or golds??? just needed the money.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:43 AM on Jun. 19, 2011 in Money & Work

• I know I was just looking to get rid of a broken necklace and got WAY more than I thought I would. I thought they would only give me $20 or something for it, but I got $130. There are a ton of shops that buy "old gold" and you can always go to a jewelers to see if they do anything like that. There is no harm in taking it in to see what you would get. You can walk away from the deal if it isn't worth it to you.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 11:07 AM on Jun. 19, 2011

• Go to several who buy gold and see what they will give you. Make sure they tell you the gram weight. Plus you can look on eBay and see what some of the prices are if you know the gram weight. If you are a member you can search on completed listings and see what items sold for. You need gram weight though. I could search for you if you are not a member. I would need the type necklace it is and the gram weight. The older the necklace is the closer you will get to what you paid for it. GL!!
    whitepeppers

Answer by whitepeppers at 11:40 AM on Jun. 19, 2011

• You can track the value of precious metals here:  http://www.kitco.com/

Answer by rkoloms at 12:55 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• thanks guys! appreciate all ur help.God bless...
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:31 PM on Jun. 19, 2011