IS IT TRUE?

IS IT TRUE YOUR SUPPOSE TO PRAISE YOUR CAT FOR IT TO BE HAPPY?

MommaBear1129

Asked by MommaBear1129 at 7:14 PM on Dec. 12, 2008 in Pets

• I have never heard that before, if you show your cat love, petting it etc... that makes it happy.
    workenmom

Answer by workenmom at 7:15 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• What? Like cats care! A dog, maybe. A cat? Cats know they are the cats meow. Lol.
    Tetona

Answer by Tetona at 7:17 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• Seriously, I'll put that in my list of things to do, under talking to the plants. LOL! I do talk to my dog, I say, "Hey dumb ass, get off the furniture". LOL
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 7:19 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• Totally true!!!!! I just praised my cat for getting an A on his spelling test and he told me how good he feels when he makes me proud.
    Anonymous

• I talk to my cats like they are my kids, I even meow with them. I have no idea what we are discussing but they meow back and we have whole conversations. I've never seen a cat that could give a rat's butt if you praise it though. They usually tend think that they are the owners and WE are the pets.
    Slinkee

Answer by Slinkee at 7:45 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• yes it is true because I believe deep down..they want to make fools out of you..
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 9:04 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• I think that if you use a sweet tone (such as praising) they will feel loved regardless whether it's a cat, dog, or bird (mine all liked for me to pet them while I was telling them how much I love them.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 3:23 PM on Dec. 13, 2008

• haha, i was just asking because my neighbor will sit their and tell her cat... OMG YOUR SO PRETTY.. or OMG YOUR FUR IS SO SOFT. its funny to watch..and when i asked her she said you HAVE too do it because other wise they dont feel loved!
    MommaBear1129

Answer by MommaBear1129 at 4:37 PM on Dec. 13, 2008

• What would a little praise and affection hurt anyone?
    CairoMom

Answer by CairoMom at 6:42 PM on Dec. 13, 2008