Joint custody

i live in georgia. we have joint custody of my step daughter and her mom tries to keep her from us and today is fathers day and she wont answer her phone or text messages and its been going start to voicemail and stuff so he went over there and then going to her moms and then going to get the cops involved if she still wont let him have her we are suppose to get her from 7am to 7pm. i was wondering if anyone else has went through this or what advice they have or what we can do anout the joint custody

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:57 AM on Jun. 19, 2011 in Relationships

• My mom use to keep my brother and I from our dad ALL the time. Once we were going to go camping for the very first time with our dad, and he brought a RV along. My mom asked to see the registration and insurance for the RV, so my dad showed her copies of it, and my mom said that she wanted the original copies, but my dad came to cali from nevada, and originals were 9 hours away. So my mom said we weren't allowed to go. It was so sad, I was crying and it was so hurtful because we were looking forward to it and she crashed it down because shes a very hateful person..even after almost 20 years of being divorced she still acts like this towards my father. It all worked out in the end because my dad called the cops on her, and the cop said the copies were fine, and he made my mom give us up for the weekened.
    monstersmommy20

Answer by monstersmommy20 at 12:52 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• The point of my answer is...call the cops, she can't withhold his daughter like that legally.
    monstersmommy20

Answer by monstersmommy20 at 12:53 PM on Jun. 19, 2011