Tit-for-tat

do you seek revenge in your marriage

or

do you take each situation separately based on its own merits?

How long have you been married?

Do you think you have a solid, life long marriage?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:01 PM on Jun. 19, 2011 in Relationships

• No I don't seek revenge. I have been married 4yrs in September. And yes I do believe we will be married forever. I would still try to get something for dh even if I didn't get anything but he did get me something so their isn't a question. He is very caring and loving and tries to make me feel important.
    Brandi300

Answer by Brandi300 at 12:04 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• No, I'm not into the revenge aspect. Been married nearly 20 years,and yes I think my marriage is life long
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 12:20 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• We have been married for 16 years and no, we don't seek revenge in our marriage. I think we have a very strong marriage and we have stood the test of time. We had no positive family influence on our marriage when we started out (he was 18 and I was 16) and even though no one thought it would last it has.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 12:20 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• My dh hasn't bought me a gift for mother's day since it was a gift from the dog (pre children lol). When I have the money I still buy him a gift, that's who I am. I don't do anything for "revenge" (well, I will stick that ice cold drink on his back in retaliation lol) I adore my dh, even through our not so great times. We have been married 19 years and we have a life long marriage, I believe. No one can predict the future, but we love each other and we fight for our marriage.
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 12:28 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• 1 year only !!! each problem has his his solution ;)
    caramelH

Answer by caramelH at 12:30 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• When you don't get gifts for Mother's Day, Anniversary, and Birthday for years, but yet you give 'em to your spouse....after YEARS you just get fed up with it, and this year was my breaking point. He got a fucking PS3 last year for his birthday and he got a fucking plant for my birthday (yes, he bought himself a fucking plant). My primary love language is gifts, and it HURTS deeply that he can't even find something cheap that I would actually ENJOY.
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 12:39 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• just asking because I have seen some interesting posts about not doing things for hubby based on what the women didnt get on mothers day.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:02 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• Hopeandglory53...
    1) did he buy you gifts when you were dating and when you were courting?
    2) what did he say to you when you discussed this on going issue wit him?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:41 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• no i wait on hubby because he disable & only say rude things when pissed off! but we have a life long married 11 years & two kids met on a blind date lol
    sassy21176

Answer by sassy21176 at 2:14 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• 1. Oh yes. He bought me a beautiful gold necklace for our 6 month dating anniversary. He purchased a HUGE teddy bear (I LOVE stuffed animals) for Christmas. He found some random item that a kid had dropped and gave to me (I can't remember what it was tho, but I loved it anyway!). I have told him it doesn't have to be expensive. Shoot, whenever I go shopping and if I find something ~$5 or less that I know he'll LOVE, I pick it up for him. I guess I need to send him off shopping more, LOL.

2. Oh yeah, he definitely knows how I feel about it. We did the love language quiz together, and he read all about the gift giving (his love lang is touch, my secondary is touch, so in that instance, we get along GREAT). He always tells me "I don't need a special occasion to give you anything" yet, he never does. Shoot, he used to write me letters all the time while we were dating, and I loved it, but now, he doesn't :(
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 3:30 PM on Jun. 19, 2011