So has anyone heard of this???

We got a new washer.... I knew they locked but once their was no more Water in them they would unlock... BUT our washer doesn't!!! Know I could of washed three loads on clothes already but instead I am washing the same clothes for the third time because I cant get the stupid thing open!! It is making me sooo mad I have a pile of clothes we brought the washer thinking it would be cheaper than going to the laundry mat but at this point I rather go there!!! On top of that the dyer isnt working!!! I am not so worried about that. I can hang them outside and I also have another Dryer. So any ideas how I can get my washer to unlock so I can get on with my day and not be fighting with my washer!!!! =(

ljmommy1211

Asked by ljmommy1211 at 12:10 PM on Jun. 19, 2011 in Home & Garden

• Put your model name and manufacturer in google and "locked" and it should tell you what to do. Mine is a front loader and it does weird stuff on occassion and I have to do the same thing. It's probably just a matter of pushing or holding a button.
    attap5

Answer by attap5 at 12:13 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• if you still have manunfactor's contact . call and ask about this issue
    caramelH

Answer by caramelH at 12:18 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• You shouldn't have to rewash them. Call the manufacturers 800 number that should be on the literature that came with the washer. It should not lock back after the wash is finished.

Who makes your machine?
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 1:29 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• it could be securty btt for kids !!!
    caramelH

Answer by caramelH at 12:20 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• well I know it is a thing so they dont fall in but the washer locks and it takes forever to unlock and if it doesn't than you have to re wash them!!
    ljmommy1211

Comment by ljmommy1211 (original poster) at 12:22 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• Why do you "have to" rewash the clothes that are in there? What do you mean by "no more water"? (Do you just mean once it's done filling but there's still water in the machine to do the washing, or do you mean at the complete end of the cycle when the water is completely drained?) Are you saying that your washer runs through the whole cycle, including rinse & final spin, finishes completely, and then remains locked? So you think you'll try again & run the cycle through & see if THIS time it finishes & then unlocks?
    If that is it, then I'd say there's a defect/malfunction.
    The manual should have a troubleshooting list of FAQs that you could consult, but I'd call the dealer or manufacturer if nothing helps.
    Does your machine have a light to indicate that it's working/locked?
    Have you tried turning it off before trying to open it? Depending on how deep in the cycle mine is, I sometimes have to wait a bit before the lock releases.
    girlwithC

Answer by girlwithC at 7:52 AM on Jun. 20, 2011